2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love him to stay and develop, build a team with him in it but think he’ll go in the summer. What would a reasonable mark up be after one (mixed) season - could we get £50mil for him?
When you have Arsenal and bottomless pit Chelsea sniffing I think your looking at double what we paid……around £65m

Caicedo makes vastly more impact on games than Onana does, I dont think you can compare them really at this point.

But Onana does have massive potential, so he would be worth very decent money.

Caicedo makes vastly more impact on games than Onana does, I dont think you can compare them really at this point.

But Onana does have massive potential, so he would be worth very decent money.
To be fair he’s in a side performing well. Onana looking good in the Belgium side, when he’s surrounded by better players. Brighton players are flavour of the month. Cucurella was never worth 60mil and I wouldn’t have paid 50mil
For white.

Lille get 20% of any sell on fee. Not sure if that is 20% of total fee or the amount over what was paid to Lille. That’s a big chunk. If it’s the former would need a big fee to sell this summer.

Finished the match as captain for Belgium, very good display from him

Lille get 20% of any sell on fee. Not sure if that is 20% of total fee or the amount over what was paid to Lille. That’s a big chunk. If it’s the former would need a big fee to sell this summer.

22 years old, captains national team ranked 1 in FIFA rankings. Still not good enough for perennial strugglers Everton though according to some

Being a first choice for the Belgian national team adds prestige and also marketing/exposure on a global level (even if not relatable to most--due to our failures).

Young, intelligent and a unique player both in peraonality and playing style.

We have a young crop of Branthwaite, Patterson, Garner and Onana and ideally should be looking to build on top of them. While utilising experience of Tarkowski and Gana to further their development.

However, and with that in mind...if we did receive an offer for him (or Pickford etc) it would need to be such that we could use it to buy a replacement and then another player to develop.

For me, as I posted before...looking at Caicedo, Fernandez, Lavia and even Bellinghams potential fees we should be seeing £80mil+ as a sensible piece of business.

At that price point we could bring sign 2 top young players to add to the squad.

However, Id keep him for as long as we can. I see his value only increasing.

Why do people always want to sell our better players?
Because when we don’t we get in situations where the PL put us on the naughty step, have the shadow of a points deduction over our shoulder and inevitably they have their moment in the sun then turn gash.

Or we sell them and turn gash at their new club.

Status
Not open for further replies.