2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t go that far like. I thought he was fine against Brentford - he didn’t impact the game massively but it was nowhere near nightmare territory.

People forget he's 21 and carrying an injury (I think). But his physicality and height add an awful lot for us. He's been average (like fine, not poor) the last few games. Brentford's midfield are very good, and Frank spoke about how they couldn't cope with our physicality.

I love those runs he did for us V Arsenal but it's not always going to be possible.
The one who probably goes between awful to excellent in our midfield is probably Gana.

He's got 7 career senior goals. It's just not his thing.

I also thought the chance on Saturday wasn't easy, it bounced up high away from him, only reason he got contact at all was because he's massive.

It's a fair point. When I was at university and captained one of the teams, I had a lad who missed a lot of chances, but would keep getting in positions, and I just encouraged him to keep doing it. He got chances other people's wouldn't.
He will probably get a bit better over time, and it's probably as far forward as he's playing, but you're right to say that a normal size player probably doesn't make contact with the chance last week.

£30m if we can get it for him will go some distance to creating a decent Championship squad next season. I don't want to hear anybody say he's a £50m player please.

Simms is NOT READY FFS. 😂 Jesus wept. He will have poor games but just bloody play him. He is a big striker. We have no striker. Play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.