2023/24 Amadou Onana

Big season for Amadou. Looks right now like he will be staying. For me he needs to show improvement. Potential is there but the biggest thing is decision making in certain situations.
He needs to know when to take the game by the scruff of the neck and he also needs to choose better moment when to shoot.

Letting one fly on his left on the volley from 40 yards is highly likely to miss and just give possession back to the opponent. Hopefully this is worked on

Underwhelming and unfocussed on his responsibilities last year. Bored myself stupid complaining about him not performing as well everyone thinks he is capable of.

If he is still here when the window shuts and hasn’t given any sign of angling for a move (which he could probably get) then that would be brilliant, and start to prove the badge slapping crowd whipping up antics aren’t completely for show.

If he gets anywhere close to his potential this season it would be massive for us. He might suddenly perform like a £50m+ midfielder and it will be years before we could ever actually buy a midfielder for £50m.

Looking forward to seeing him come out of the blocks fast. Would love him to score a winner early in the season.

The market has spoken and if Lavia is £50mil and Caicedo £111mil the middle ground is £80.5mil.

Unrelated to FFP/P&S: after the 20% on profit clause that fee nets us £71mil. If the fee was £100mil then that would net us £86.6mil -- aim for that in 12months perhaps and the previous 2 years at the club would lower his cost on the books and massively help FFP.

I'd keep him, its late in the window now and fees will only increase next year.

Underwhelming and unfocussed on his responsibilities last year. Bored myself stupid complaining about him not performing as well everyone thinks he is capable of.

If he is still here when the window shuts and hasn’t given any sign of angling for a move (which he could probably get) then that would be brilliant, and start to prove the badge slapping crowd whipping up antics aren’t completely for show.

If he gets anywhere close to his potential this season it would be massive for us. He might suddenly perform like a £50m+ midfielder and it will be years before we could ever actually buy a midfielder for £50m.

Looking forward to seeing him come out of the blocks fast. Would love him to score a winner early in the season.
Would be nice to see him put a few consistent performances together seen glimpses of talent but that’s it. Yes it was a new team and we’re poor but he should of performed better and not went missing as often that’s what £100m players do. Until he’s consistent in his performances he’s not even close to that, I’m expecting a big season from him this year hopefully all them teams that are chasing him don’t put a bid in.

Would be nice to see him put a few consistent performances together seen glimpses of talent but that’s it. Yes it was a new team and we’re poor but he should of performed better and not went missing as often that’s what £100m players do. Until he’s consistent in his performances he’s not even close to that, I’m expecting a big season from him this year hopefully all them teams that are chasing him don’t put a bid in.
Im honestly expecting a big season from the boy, hes got all the tools needed to succeed in this league, he just needs to find his groove.

As you say, put his stamp on games, then maybe we can start talking about 100million pound bids.