2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won’t properly judge this lad just because he’s a young man still learning and has walked into an absolute basket case of a club. All that being said though I’ve loved how much he’s clearly bought into us, as you can even see below. He cares and he’ll do his best to keep us up, think he’ll definitely be a cult hero here if he stays long enough. I love him already.

Another subdue performance. Something is not right with this kid.
Keep getting told he’s class but I don’t see it. Hope all wrong and he goes on to be a beast for us but I just think he’s an over priced cheerleader. Apart from Southampton and maybe wolves at home I haven’t seen much from him.

He's good but as I think I said last week, he needn't play every game, he's not indispensable. The shape I'd quite like to see is Iwobi come inside alongside Doucoure and Gana, Gray out right, and Simms / DCL if fit up top. Iwobi was far more effective early season through the middle, Gray should be playing but isn't a target man so that would solve those two problems. Rotate Onana into that but not necessarily first name on the sheet.

I felt he’s been off the boil since a top class performance in Dyche’s first game in charge

It’s looked like he’s been playing with a knock and also he’s young in the toughest league in the world so consistency is difficult

I thought today was a very mature performance though. Some great tackles and very tidy in possession today.

He's a young player in his first season in the league having to start every game in a relegation threatened side.
He will be a brilliant player in the future
While he hasn't been great as of late, too many fans forget this part: he's young, new to the league and wasn't overly experienced in France either.

He's learning his trade, so will have ups and downs in the best of sides; playing in a team that was woeful under Lampard won't have helped his form.

Status
Not open for further replies.