• No

Votes: 31 27.9%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 38 34.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are the ‘entertainment’ stats?

They’ll be that far in a minus there isn’t enough digits on the Big Galloots tech-pad to show it.

Get rid sharpish.

Our past two home games have been fairly entertaining haven't they?

Games are always more entertaining when you win I suppose...

Do they have heart rate monitors in their shirts nowadays? That's how you see who's putting a shift in - cumulative points in the red.
Anyone can trot 10k round the park in zone2 like Morgan does.

Surely the point is that technology and performance analysis can be utilised but can't or shouldn't form the whole picture.

It seems more effective in fitness analysis than anything else.

I have never put too much faith in things like "pass completion" statistics for example if you get a lot of sideways and tip-tap passing.

Players might be fitter and stronger now, but the game is fundamentally the same. I'd be more concerned at the sort of technology that has been used to scout / sign players - can it tell us when Tosun will be "ready" for example?

A bit too much Championship Manager going on at FF at times it seems.

Sack the Moneyball nonsense off.

This isn't Baseball it's footy and a good portion of the game is unsuitable for effective statistic analysis.

I'd rather we make decisions based on no statistics than bad statistics.

The players appear to be happy with SA & his methods, the stats are a useful tool for managers & the players are taking it on board....

If that means good cameradory & good team spirit within the team & a training culture that can be driven to improve performance of individual players that can only be good....

SA wil analyse the stats & assess the positives & the negatives & act accordingly.....

SA is a vastly experienced manager who is under estimated imo & should be given the opportunity to show what he can do, after 18 months an opinion can be reached whether to keep or replace....

This is all determined by the end ambition, is he weeding out players who won't achieve a draw when he wants one?

All the gear and no idea...

Statistics are fantastic and really work in the modern game when used properly, but when your tactical mindset is prehistoric then all that data pretty much goes out of the window. All he needs is who can lump it.

Statistics are fantastic and really work in the modern game when used properly, but when your tactical mindset is prehistoric then all that data pretty much goes out of the window. All he needs is who can lump it.

I imagine Sam is the type of boy looks to stats for confirmation bias.

He has a way he thinks is best and accentuates those stats which play into it whilst discounting those which scream the opposite.

I imagine Sam is the type of boy looks to stats for confirmation bias.

He has a way he thinks is best and accentuates those stats which play into it whilst discounting those which scream the opposite.

Especially when his stats he brought up the other day after the Arsenal debacle were Bolasie and Walcott cost X and Y also very experienced and Lookman wouldn't have made a difference. Well Klaasen cost more than Walcott where is he.

The sooner he is away from our club the better. Although he could win the league and I still wouldn't like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.