2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the fact that someone would genuinely rewatch 270+ minutes of us vs Watford, West Ham and Norwich, focusing on one of our worst players just to try and be edgy on the Internet. Magic.

Ancelotti doesn't seem to be budging. That being said, maybe he just doesn't want to play three of Siggurdson, Davies, Delph, Gomes, Iwobi or Baninhome and who can blame him?!
The players clearly stink but it does feel like playing a someone secure system in midfield is worthwhile. I do hope he budges.

I love the fact that someone would genuinely rewatch 270+ minutes of us vs Watford, West Ham and Norwich, focusing on one of our worst players just to try and be edgy on the Internet. Magic.
I watched the highlights haha. So it was like 22 minutes.

Dad? Cousin? Agent?
Has to be one of them. There is no other explanation.

Now there's an idea. He's got Watford written all over him, if they stay up.

I’m guessing that statistical analytics played a large part in the Iwobi transfer. Some of his stats were good on paper.
I know that we use a company that has developed complex software that analyses historic Opta player data to develop computer models to try and determine how much a player can improve.
The Iwobi has the feel of this method all over it.

I’m guessing that statistical analytics played a large part in the Iwobi transfer. Some of his stats were good on paper.
I know that we use a company that has developed complex software that analyses historic Opta player data to develop computer models to try and determine how much a player can improve.
The Iwobi has the feel of this method all over it.

Must have been broke that day and they ran iwobi through a spectrum 48k.

I went back and watched some of the games that I know he played alright in. West Ham, Watford in the cup, Norwich recently. I genuinely think if we made a bit of an effort to play to his strengths we could still get good use out of him but at the same time it is a problem that not doing that has caused him to be downright useless.

I don't know, watch this and tell me, horrid miss in a 1v1 aside, that he doesn't look a half decent player here. It's essentially the only time he's played through the middle for us too.

It's essentially the only game he's looked decent in as well.

These are all the same excuses people made for Sigurdsson. Once again relying on statistics to disprove what everyone can see. He's pants.

If we are going to play him try him centrally in a three? He won't do anything defensively but could drive forward and at least adds a bit of physicality right now. He certainly isn't a winger.

It's essentially the only game he's looked decent in as well.

These are all the same excuses people made for Sigurdsson. Once again relying on statistics to disprove what everyone can see. He's pants.
People were saying Sigurdsson should play a different position?

They score goals. DCL scored more than Kean in his early appearances. Hence why the claim that Kean looks a better goalscorer than DCL at that time is laughable.
If you're acting like DCL was showing the potential to be a 15+ goal a season striker because he scored 11 goals in 4000 minutes prior to this season you're either trying to rewrite history or you were completely nuts. I wasn't ready to give up on Dom but this season has been a big leap in his level.

Hes dreadful, make my toes curl watching him play, one of those players that isn't an attacker or a defender, he's literally nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.