After Sunday, would you have Rooney back?

Would you buy Rooney back at this moment in time?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't expecting such a big majority endorsing him playing for Everton.

A ton of votes and 90% are pro Rooney.

Yeah I wasn't sure I'd be feeling this way before the match but just seeing him happy to be around his old mates and his awkward yet welled up interview just reminded me that he's still just that kid who worshipped Big Dunc and who wrote him letters as a youngster. An Everton fan.

The nostalgia killed me :coffee:

I'd take him in a heart beat, like most. His fee would be astronomical but he would probably be a valuable commercial asset still. from a quick search the Chang sponsor is up for renewal/tender at the end of 2016/17. I wouldn't have thought that there is many things more attractive to a sponsor than having a player of his stature wearing the logo.

I firmly believe had he not changed his agent to Stretford, he wouldn't have left when he did anyways and certainly not in the manner he left. Yes though.

I'd take him in a heart beat, like most. His fee would be astronomical but he would probably be a valuable commercial asset still. from a quick search the Chang sponsor is up for renewal/tender at the end of 2016/17. I wouldn't have thought that there is many things more attractive to a sponsor than having a player of his stature wearing the logo.

They could really sell this! and give Rooney a new lease of life to win something with Everton, anything! It would just be a perfect ending

Or simply get Rooney as the sponsor as it will probably be worth more than the current sponsor!

They could really sell this! and give Rooney a new lease of life to win something with Everton, anything! It would just be a perfect ending

It would be a good time to get the most out of the deal in my eyes. He had riled Ferguson with the Chelsea flirtation but earned a bigger deal, I don't see LVG being as lenient with a player making noises about moving away, I think RVP thought he was a guaranteed starter but felt deceived and left. If Rooney was motivated to come back I feel he could force the issue.

Even where I was in the Gwladys there was barely any boos, and given the fact that half the Gwladys probably came out their mother booing that's quite impressive.
One lad in front of me must have yelled "you fat c***" at him about 10 times while he was warming up, and every time about 20 lads yelled st him to STFU.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed seeing Rooney in a blue shirt again, and it did nothing but reaffirm to me that he's still a blue deep down.

Been winding my Man Utd supporting mate up asking him how it feels that 15mkns in a friendly was more important to his captain than any game they'll play in this season :-D

Vast majority cheered him yesterday too.

Boos were very much almost inaudible or non existant from where I was (paddock).
I was in the park end, there was one really annoying woman, you know the sort, she had an opinion about everything and was very vocal about it. She didn't shut up all match,and every time there was the Rooney chant, she changed Judas instead. She was the only voice I heard not cheering him.

Status
Not open for further replies.