After Sunday, would you have Rooney back?

Would you buy Rooney back at this moment in time?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nuts that Rooney played for us at the weekend. I mean, that is nuts, isn't it?

It was like a glimpse into a parallel dimension, where his head wasn't turned.

And it felt pretty good. I think that's why I feel all weird about it.

When Conn'ah Mac almost put him through it was the first time I stood up in my chair, like a tit, in years. I felt ashamed and excited all at once...I'm still confused.

Can't really understand all of this and was very surprised he was allowed to appear, but would hope most would have him back as he would make the side better.

Thought Rooney coming back would get peoples hopes up abit, would still say its a very very slim chance he'll ever play for us again

The weirdest thing about Rooney playing yesterday was that he was playing in our first team in a full pace match for about 15 minutes before Duncan came on. It wasn't a 'legends XI', and it wasn't testimonial pace either, it was just our normal players and Rooney. Must have been weird for him too, playing in front of a full Goodison crowd as if he was an Everton player.

Only just watched the interview. Treading on egg shells is an understatement. I bet he was dying to be more upbeat.

and he welled up there at the end ...proud dad wearing the blue kit for his kids.

Think it's safe to say this Furgeson idea was a winner all round and something that was needed.

A load off everyone's back and the perfect vibe for going into the opening game of a new season

(until he comes back and gets booed again hahahaha )

Can't really understand all of this and was very surprised he was allowed to appear, but would hope most would have him back as he would make the side better.

that is an interesting point.

It really is odd that United let him play.

I wonder is there something being worked out behind the scenes, smoothing a path for some sort of exchange deal with John Stones next summer.

And Wayne was testing the water and now knows he would be welcomed back.

The weirdest thing about Rooney playing yesterday was that he was playing in our first team in a full pace match for about 15 minutes before Duncan came on. It wasn't a 'legends XI', and it wasn't testimonial pace either, it was just our normal players and Rooney. Must have been weird for him too, playing in front of a full Goodison crowd as if he was an Everton player.
You're right. It's been a while since he played with players the caliber of Naismith.

that is an interesting point.

It really is odd that United let him play.

I wonder is there something being worked out behind the scenes, smoothing a path for some sort of exchange deal with John Stones next summer.

And Wayne was testing the water and now knows he would be welcomed back.

We really are going nowhere as a football club, I can't ever see him coming back, what would be the point? He's a winner, we are there to just make up the numbers.

We really are going nowhere as a football club, I can't ever see him coming back, what would be the point? He's a winner, we are there to just make up the numbers.

He is also an Evertonian.

I would say he would see plenty of point in coming back.

Actually when you think about it, what other challenge is left for him?

The challenge of coming back here and winning a trophy for Everton must have a very strong appeal.

You know what?

Wayne's World 2 is proper on.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.