After Sunday, would you have Rooney back?

Would you buy Rooney back at this moment in time?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feck it up. Total waste of money. Almost as much the kind of waste of money that saw us signing the likes of Gazza and Ginola when we should have then been trying to use the money to build a stadium.

Rooney is a great player now and might still have another 3 years in him but as a club we can't afford to buy 30 year old players. We can take them on frees if they fit within our wage budget but we can't blow 20 odd million on one.
Flagged for swearing ish.

It's nuts that Rooney played for us at the weekend. I mean, that is nuts, isn't it?

It was like a glimpse into a parallel dimension, where his head wasn't turned.

And it felt pretty good. I think that's why I feel all weird about it.

It's put all the bad stuff that's gradually been fading over the years six feet under for me. It'd be amazing to see him back at Everton.
Couldn't have put it better.

It's nuts that Rooney played for us at the weekend. I mean, that is nuts, isn't it?

It's put all the bad stuff that's gradually been fading over the years six feet under for me. It'd be amazing to see him back at Everton.

love it!

Feck it up. Total waste of money. Almost as much the kind of waste of money that saw us signing the likes of Gazza and Ginola when we should have then been trying to use the money to build a stadium.

Rooney is a great player now and might still have another 3 years in him but as a club we can't afford to buy 30 year old players. We can take them on frees if they fit within our wage budget but we can't blow 20 odd million on one.

The hypothetical question is "would you have Rooney back now?" Not when he's a washed up veteran like Gazza or Ginola were, now.

Would you have him back NOW? and if we could get him back now how would it alter you proposed business plan set forward in the new stadium thread?

The hypothetical question is "would you have Rooney back now?" Not when he's a washed up veteran like Gazza or Ginola were, now.

Would you have him back NOW? and if we could get him back now how would it alter you proposed business plan set forward in the new stadium thread?
It's the same kind of thing. It would be a short term feel good factor that would make a lot of fans happy but long term it would waste 20 odd million and would probably not lead to any glory on the pitch. For 20m and his wages we could attract a better player. As someone else said if we're going to dream I would prefer to dream of signing someone better, maybe not better this season but better longer term.

So as I said long term it would make building the stadium even more difficult than it is now.

If you are saying hypothetical "would you have him back now without any cost" then yea. I would have Ronaldo and Messi too for that matter.

I didn't really blame him as much as most although kissing the badge at GP was unforgivable.

The feeling I had was exactly that. It was looking at a parallel dimension but if anything it made me more angry (not necessarily at him) of what might have been.

Would buying Rooney feck up your business plan for us getting a new stadium Adversus or would it make it more enabling?

Lads I suggest you read https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...ant-its-that-time-of-year.77959/#post-3736771

No attempting to get around the swear filter.

After this afternoon rant with that manc bell end I have changed my mind . I would have him back asap . Today made me relise what we miss . A true scouser who loves the club but money he had to follow to provide for his family's future . So yes I'd have him back but befor today I would of said no

agree with that except the bit about him having to "follow the money" and providing "for his family's future".

He was still only a teenager when he left here and had no family at the time.

But even at that, if he had stayed here all these years he would have been paid around £70k +per week for much or most of the last decade and that kind of money really does provide all the long term security needed for one's family.

In short, when high end footballers spout about moving to provide for their family, like Delf the other week, they are spouting nonsense because they are already earning megabucks.

There is precious little a bloke earning even £200k per week can do that another bloke earning half of that can.

It ain't like a bloke earning £500 a week touching for a job paying a grand.....that really could change his lifestyle and make his family a lot easier to provide for.

Nowt wrong with moving for more money but I wish they would spare us the bleeding heart story about doing it for the sake of their family.

But that said, I am really sorry I never went yesterday.....just to see Duncan and Wayne wearing the blue shirt again.

And I live in hope of seeing Rooney come back for good one of these days :)

Status
Not open for further replies.