After Sunday, would you have Rooney back?

Would you buy Rooney back at this moment in time?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm one of those that thinks he'll be gash in a couple of years. Doesn't have the natural fitness, loves a pint and a ciggie too much.
But, on my crappy stream on Sunday, I saw a player in a 17 minute cameo do more than pretty much any of the others on that pitch. You could see the joy in him when he played.

I think if he could come to an arrangement with Man U, obviously take a big drop in wages (he's got more than Colleen can spend now, and I know he's done a load for charity on the quiet), and importantly if it's a straight deal (no Stones going the other way) then I'd take him within the next 12 months.

- He'd pay for himself in commercial deals (which our side will completely screw up)
- He'd inspire some of the younger players to stay, and perform

I don't blame him for going when he did. He would never have developed into the player he became in that team we had, under Drill Sgt Moyes. He's now won everything, earned a fortune, I think within the next 12 months his role at Man U will be diminished, and that will be the time. Sadly it'll still be us taking a player off them who's no longer up to their standards - but he'd still be better than anything we have.

Lads I don't entertain the idea shrek will come back. He hurt me big time and I'll never forget. But Christ, when he received the ball the crowd almost sucked the ball into the Glawdys. If the fans showed that passion every week we'd be doing much better. It was like a bomb went off when Rooney was on the ball. It was great even if I don't forgive him. Can we not do that all the time?

Last edited:
I'm one of those that thinks he'll be gash in a couple of years. Doesn't have the natural fitness, loves a pint and a ciggie too much.
But, on my crappy stream on Sunday, I saw a player in a 17 minute cameo do more than pretty much any of the others on that pitch. You could see the joy in him when he played.

I think if he could come to an arrangement with Man U, obviously take a big drop in wages (he's got more than Colleen can spend now, and I know he's done a load for charity on the quiet), and importantly if it's a straight deal (no Stones going the other way) then I'd take him within the next 12 months.

- He'd pay for himself in commercial deals (which our side will completely screw up)

I don't blame him for going when he did. He would never have developed into the player he became in that team we had, under Drill Sgt Moyes. He's now won everything, earned a fortune, I think within the next 12 months his role at Man U will be diminished, and that will be the time. Sadly it'll still be us taking a player off them who's no longer up to their standards - but he'd still be better than anything we have.

I'd never leave Everton.

We can't afford him. Seemed genuinely made up/moved by crowd reception. Once again, Evertonians showing what a class act they are. (Or that we are a crowd of bishes)

The weirdest thing about Rooney playing yesterday was that he was playing in our first team in a full pace match for about 15 minutes before Duncan came on. It wasn't a 'legends XI', and it wasn't testimonial pace either, it was just our normal players and Rooney. Must have been weird for him too, playing in front of a full Goodison crowd as if he was an Everton player.
Thought his interview suggested he felt all that weirdness. When he mentioned how it was odd going back into the home dressing room, it didn't sound glib at all. Sounded like it was really odd returning to a place that used to be home. That picture of him with Hibbo and Baines is an absolute classic.

I'd lay decent money on the subject of 'going back' cropping up by, or between, him air Colleen on Sunday night or Monday. I bet it's deffo crossed his or their mind now, let alone earlier. That interview smacks of him taking away some food for thought.

I, for one, am hoping it turns into reality - and soon.

How do you know we would? Our chances of getting top 4 would go from 1% to 2%. Granted that is double the chance but realistically not enough to punt 20m on.
Lads there's no point in signing good players for big money because we won't get top 4 anyway. Might as well pack up and go home.

Lads I don't entertain the idea shrek will come back. He hurt me big time and I'll never forget. But Christ, when he received the ball the crowd almost sucked the ball into the Glawdys. If the fans showed that passion every week we'd be doing much better. It was like a bomb went off when Rooney was on the ball. It was great even if I don't forgive him. Can we not do that all the time?
We need someone who can do what he can do every week!

Man u fans say his best days are behind him and would love to upgrade on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.