Votes: 19 16.4%
  • no buddy

Votes: 68 58.6%
  • thank u for posing this question guy

Votes: 29 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Punted the idea of merging the blue and red sides a few years ago.. both needing a stadium.. bring families together again.. unite the city and have the most powerful team in the world.. yeah... didn’t have any takers. :oops:

Punted the idea of merging the blue and red sides a few years ago.. both needing a stadium.. bring families together again.. unite the city and have the most powerful team in the world.. yeah... didn’t have any takers. :oops:
i think this is a super idea buddy and if u want to campaign hard for it on here it would be my honor to join u.

i think this is a super idea buddy and if u want to campaign hard for it on here it would be my honor to join u.

having somebody to hate is an Uber important part of every teams identity.. imagine though... in 50 years from now post merge... it would be seen as the most daring yet most glorious of days...can you imagine... buddies everywhere you look!

off the table now.. looks like we got our stadium.. they got their trophy... hopefully one day the rivalry will be a little less one sided.

I mean when fans reminsce about the good times and all we've got are one-off matches of little significance from 8 years ago like-:
-how can anybody do anything but accept? Its depressing.

But at the same time you can't blame the fans for having higher expectations. Its not chicken-and-egg. The club has served up nothing of note for 25 years and has lived a meek existence. The problem does not lie with the fans. If anything the fans should be praised.

I mean when fans reminsce about the good times and all we've got are one-off matches of little significance from 8 years ago like-:
-how can anybody do anything but accept? Its depressing.

But at the same time you can't blame the fans for having higher expectations. Its not chicken-and-egg. The club has served up nothing of note for 25 years and has lived a meek existence. The problem does not lie with the fans. If anything the fans should be praised.
Goodison clapped a man who overseen the longest barren spell in this clubs history, we accepted it on that day

Hello there, I'm a long term lurker, infrequent poster, but I agree with this. I think the case against Moshiri, Brands and Unsworth is now watertight, I have mentioned a few times today that maybe Ancelotti and his son have also underperformed. I got shouted at though :(

well Yearh as you can’t judge Carlo now

Our real relevance was pre WW2 when for 50 years arguably Everton FC was the leading club in the Country. John Moores brought that back with the Mersey Millionaires splurge in the sixties. Honestly I feel we lost relevance from 1971 onwards.

No stadium improvements since except a Tranmere standard stand, every other big club have either built new stadiums or radically improved their existing footprint.

1984 until 1987 was bless him down to Howard and a much lesser extent Carter but it was in context a brief fightback with no sustainability behind it. Although Hysel and their behaviour did affect any potential plans in place.

Then we have the Johnson Kenwright years, we somehow didn't/haven't been relegated. Carlo? I feel he and the new stadium is Monte Carlo or Bust. Moshri isn't a bottomless pit.

We are certainly relevant. We have had a long period of no success, and in recent years too much poor investment. However, we have been in the top league longer than pretty much anybody, and have certainly been unlucky, or deprived of a chance, more than once, when we were one of the best. Man City are relevant, 15 years ago less so. But still relevant. Eventually things can change, in another 15 years Liverpool can be much less relevant than they already are! Maybe they can form another league with the ‘relevant’ elite?

Status
Not open for further replies.