• Up to the rumoured 6 or 7 million - worth every penny

• No more than 5 million - he's OK, but not worth any more

• No more than 3 million - he's got no end product ffs

• Wouldn't take him on a free, he's badly gash

• Stop asking me questions and stick the grill on

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
£5-million plus £15-18m in wages over 4 years for a player on his last contract + his speed will drop off over that contract + will become more injury prone.

No thanks - loan him for another season.

£5-million plus £15-18m in wages over 4 years for a player on his last contract + his speed will drop off over that contract + will become more injury prone.

No thanks - loan him for another season.

He wont be getting nowhere near that in wages terms. That kind of money will put him as top earner here, and no chance thats happening. He's 27 lad, a 4yr contract will be sound.

He might be playing to get a contract but i expect him to continue with his form if he gets one. At the moment he must want to prove those at Spurs wrong, which is our benefit, but you often see players play for a new deal then drop off but i just cant see him doing that.
He offers us something different to some of the other players, i hope he stays.

I thought he was going to be a McGeady with a bit more pace, happy to have been proved so wrong. His work rate in particular has surprised me and we are a much better side with him in it. Agree with the other shouts of how Coleman has improved since he's come into the team as well.

Must-buy IMO

(But he should not be seen as a replacement for Mirallas, we need both)

You guys don't get it. Yes, he's come in and done reasonably well but if we have any ambition what so ever we can't be signing players like him. We don't really have a bottomless pit so every penny counts that much more.

There's a reason spurs are getting rid of him and that's because as lively as he looks he's never going to decide matches. He's played a long time and by now we know what his game is all about. Pace, energy, and hard work. Tell him to win matches on a consistent basis, and that just won't happen.

What's our ambition? To continue being a upper mid table club? Cause quite frankly that's exactly where we are going to continue to languish if we sign players like him.

Also being better than what we have isn't reason enough to sign a player. There are loads of players better than what we have that won't take us to the next level. It isn't all that difficult to be better than mcgeady ffs.

You guys don't get it. Yes, he's come in and done reasonably well but if we have any ambition what so ever we can't be signing players like him. We don't really have a bottomless pit so every penny counts that much more.

There's a reason spurs are getting rid of him and that's because as lively as he looks he's never going to decide matches. He's played a long time and by now we know what his game is all about. Pace, energy, and hard work. Tell him to win matches on a consistent basis, and that just won't happen.

What's our ambition? To continue being a upper mid table club? Cause quite frankly that's exactly where we are going to continue to languish if we sign players like him.

So what you're saying is Lennon is quick, energetic and works hard but isn't quite as good as Ronaldo so signing him smacks of a lack of ambition?

You, sir, need a reality check

Got to say he has been really great for us, but 7 million? Spurs clearly don't want him anymore and I don't think we should pay that much for him.

Fits the system though, so I would just look to extend the loan if possible.

that will do for me

Sir

Not overly fussed either way. Fits well if we look to play counter attack football though. McGeady would do that if he literally just ran instead of trying to beat all 11 mean 4054365854 million times before passing the ball 5 yards to Baines.

Sell McGeady for 3m. Sign Lennon for 6m. Superb business.

Surely Celtic are stupid enough to give us 3m for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.