A small incomplete guide for a trip to Ruzomberok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one mate
Keep off the Zlaty Bazant. Does it gives you the shits?
Is it like Higsons?
Isnt Bernard lager that golfer?

Zlaty bazant, Kelt, Corgon are "european" beers produced in a brewery owned by Heineken (but they are little bit worse). A bit of a good Slovak beer is a dark Steiger beer. In general, Slovak beers are not so bad, but they are also not great. Most beer gourmets in Slovakia buy Czech Pilsner, Svijany...) or German beers or craft beer from small local breweries (IPA, ALE), but I doubt any of pub in Ruzomberok sell them.

Great information, thank you.

We are going and will see you in the Café Efekt. Is it safe enough to wear colours?

Anyone thinking about going by coach to and from Krakow airport needs to check availability and buy tickets in advance. Some coaches are already sold out and we had to change our return plans. Instead of coming back from Ruzomberok to Krakow airport on the coach, we are having to get a train to Bohumin and get an airport coach from there instead.

The Club still dont know what our allocation is

I'm looking forward to meeting Cathy :)
From what I know (I remind you that I am not from Ružomberok) wear colors in Ružomberok / in pubs is safe (you know, everywhere you can meet an aggressive idiot, but under ordinary circumstances, it is safe). MFK Ružomberok has no hooligans and their "ultras" had violent clashes only occasionally (after provocations? be aware I'm not an "expert" on this scene :) I do not know much about this ).

Great post thanks mate.

Will any of the places be showing the game? Might be struggling for a ticket

Of course, the match will be covered by Slovak TV (probably national RTVS) for sure and most pubs in Ruzomberok (and Slovakia) will show this match on their TV. I hope (and I think) a few tickets will be available in front of the stadium (some people will sell their tickets), but I can not guarantee it, it is just my opinion.

That's brilliant mate.
Thanks very much for the help.

Any advice on getting from Katowice please.
We're planning on staying Tuesday night in Katowice, then train down on the Wednesday.

Thanks again!

Hi,

public transport from Katowice to Ruzomberok (just a few examples:

Katowice train st. 9.26 - Ostrava (Czech rep.) main train st. 10.58 (arrival), dep. 11.05 - Ruzomberok 13.22
Katowice coach station 9.40 (FlixBus company) - Ruzomberok 14.00
Katowice train st. 15.24 - Bohumin (Czech rep.) 16.40 (arrival), dep. 17.45 - Ruzomberok 20.00
More info http://cp.atlas.sk/vlakbusmhd/spojenie/

Beers from large breweries in Slovakia (predominantly owned and produced by Heineken) are, in my opinion, only average or bad. I like a lot of Slovak craft beer from small local breweries (IPA, ALE), and dark Steiger are good.
I remember Saris (?) as well and a beer with a picture of a person on the front, as well as the Zlaty and Korgon. I generally like the Czech/Slovak style of beer so I didn't think they were too bad, but of course craft beer might well be much nicer. I also had a good dark beer which might have been the Steiger you were talking about.

UPDATE - A small incomplete guide for a trip to Ruzomberok

Accommodation:

Offer of accommodation from one member of "Czech and Slovak Everton Supporters Club" (Peter)
- He can take three Everton fans by car to his house in Bansky Bystrica after the match (Banska Bystrica is 53 km from Ruzomberok) for night from Thursday to Friday (of course free of charge J ). The only downside is that they have to work from Friday morning, so travel from Banska Bystrica to another destination you have to solve yourself. He has small children at home, so should be people who would fit into a quiet household (for example father with children, family, etc.).
If you are interested in this offer, please write me via PM.
- I would like to provide accommodation as well, but I live in Bratislava, Bratislava until 8.05 am, so it will probably be outdated for you.

Salaš Krajinka – This restaurant is only accessible by car or taxi as there is no pedestrian walkway (and is also far away from the city center and the train station).

Evertom F.C. offer help with transport http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/07/28/ruzomberok-travel-assistance
Everton has revealed plans to boost transport options to Ruzomberok for the second leg of the Europa League third qualifying round by providing coach transfers to the Slovakian town.
Everton is aware of the travel challenges facing some supporters due to the distance to the Slovakian town from major international airports.
In order to provide an additional travel option for fans, the Club is exploring the provision of free return coach travel from Bratislava, Krakow and Vienna on the day of the game.
Any fan who has purchased a ticket for the game and is keen to access coaches from either Krakow, Bratislava or Vienna should register their interest to the Club using the form below.
If there is an interest in the provision, coaches will depart pick-up points at midday on Thursday, August 3 and take fans to the Everton match ticket collection point in Ruzomberok. For the return journeys, coaches will depart from the same point in Ruzomberok and return to a city centre location in Krakow, Bratislava or Vienna.
Only fans who have purchased match tickets through the Club will be able to access the coach travel provided. Photo ID will be required to confirm your place on the coach before departing any of the three pick-up points and only match ticket purchasers can be considered for a coach place. Please provide user customer number using the form below.
If there is interest in coach provision, the transportation will be provided by Everton at no cost to the fans who utilise it, with places filled on a first-come-first-served basis. Further details of pick-up and drop-off points will be circulated to eligible fans via email.

Gutted I can't make it to this. I stayed in Slovakia when we played in Vienna pre season a few years ago and loved it. The women their are amazing aswel, not that I got a sniff like.

OK, I've decided to add some more infor for Everton fans travelling to Ruzomberok.
1) Arrival to Vienna
- just in front of the arrivall hall is the bus station, buses to Bratislava leave from the very right side of the station
- you've got Student Agency/Regiojet (yellow bus) (https://www.regiojet.com/en/timetables-and-stops/timetables/index.html?timetableId=3100274011), Flixbus (https://shop.flixbus.sk/search?ride...Station=&arrivalCity=1745&arrivalStation=7838) and Slovak Lines (https://www.slovaklines.sk/fileadmin/user_upload/pdf/wien.pdf)
- try to get to "Bratislava AS" which is the bus station
- buses leave now and then, fare is around 5-7 EUR

2) In Bratislava
- once you get Bratislava AS, don't get scared)))) Bus station (AS) is being reconstructed so quite a mess around
- leave the building but THROUH the building. There is a stop for local transportation
- in the yellow ticket machine buy the ticket for 0,90 EUR for 30 minutes
- take the trolleybus 210 heading "Hlavna stanica", which main railway station. journey takes cca 15 minutes
- don't forget to validate ticket in the yellow machine in the bus !!!

3) From Bratislava to Ruzomberok
- far the best way is to take a train - cheap, comfortable, dinner car and great views on the Slovakia (mountains, rivers....)
- check http://cp.atlas.sk/vlak/spojenie/ to find the connection
- follow the instructions in the very first comment of this topic
ODKIAL: write Bratislava hl st
KAM: write Ruzomberok
DATUM a CAS: date and time
HLADAT: search
- website doesn't allow you to buy ticket, it's just to search connection
- tickets can be bought ony at the train station (not in the lobby but in the second part)

Another option is to fly to Bratislava. Ryanair is flying there from Manchester, Leeds/Bradford and London-Stansted. If you decide to take fly to BA, take bus 61 from in front of arrivall hall, buy the ticket for 1,20 EUR for 60 min. 61 goes to railway station.

There was a question about Katowice. Yes, it is possible to get to RK and it's not so complicated)))
- visit http://cp.atlas.sk/vlak/spojenie/
- ODKIAL: Katowice
- KAM: Ruzomberok
- trains go via Ostrava (CZE) where you need to transfer to another train.
- problem is you need tochange train company. From Katowice you take standard Czech state railywas train but in Ostrava you need to take either Student Agency/Regiojet or LEO trains to get to RK and you need to buy tickets online.
- for Student Agency/Regiojet visit https://bustickets.regiojet.com/?0 (From: Ostrava - hl.n, To - Ruzomberok)
- for LEO visit https://www.le.cz/i.php (Ostrava main station - Ruzomberok)

In general, Ruzomberok is quite small town (27.000 inh.) settled in the middle of the gorgeous mountains and big dam (Liptovska Mara), not far from the High Tatras - the highest part of the whole Carpathian mountains). City is peaceful, charm and nice, you might not expect any problem at all. I guess no problem wearing away shirts, it's not as harsh as in England.

If you guys wans more info just feel freto write in the comments.

Match tickets sold out.
We havent got any so will be looking for a pub to watch the match in Ruzomberok.

According to Ruzomberoks website there is going to be a "fanzine" in the city centre with a big screen.

The fanzine will be on Thursday at 19:00. Can be found on Andrej Hlinka Square in front of the Municipal Office in Ruzomberok , where a moderated program will be prepared for visitors, a live broadcast of a match on a large screen , souvenir and refreshment stalls and club souvenir competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.