19th January - Everton vs. West Brom

Should Martinez be sacked (if we're 15th or lower come WBA?)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right but the point is it took him 4 years.

You're arguing we need to sack him to keep us up this year, as if the moment we start dropping down the table, he'll panic and not cope. That didn't happen, in 3 out of 4 relegation fights he had enough to keep them up despite his team being in awful form coming into spring. He is comfortable in those situations, it's his backyard.

Now I don't think we'll seriously be in one this season but if we are, Roberto seems like he's the streetwise guy who can get us out of it as much as the likes of pulis or others.

I'm not saying he'll definitely take us down, I'm just saying I don't trust him in a relegation fight, at all. So with that said, I'd rather not run the risk.

If we can't beat either WBA or Hull, then for me his position becomes intolerable. We're not Wigan. This is the most talented Everton side on paper we've had since the 80s. The capitulation this season has been as bad, if not worse, than Moyes at United, which is remarkable. Big sides like us shouldn't tolerate it, just because we've seen it before 15 years ago.

I'm not saying he'll definitely take us down, I'm just saying I don't trust him in a relegation fight, at all. So with that said, I'd rather not run the risk.

If we can't beat either WBA or Hull, then for me his position becomes intolerable. We're not Wigan. This is the most talented Everton side on paper we've had since the 80s. The capitulation this season has been as bad, if not worse, than Moyes at United, which is remarkable. Big sides like us shouldn't tolerate it, just because we've seen it before 15 years ago.

If he gets us a winger (the sort of one we need) and a centre back this window do you think this view that we will be remotely near a relegation fight will change?

And a new manager isn't a risk?

He got a year, for me, when he came in. He did well enough that year to get another.

Nothing that can happen this season will convince me that we should change managers now.

Next November, I'll be happy to have this conversation but not before then. Patience is key in this game. Let him bring in his own players, change stuff around, get this bad patch sorted.

If he gets us a winger (the sort of one we need) and a centre back this window do you think this view that we will be remotely near a relegation fight will change?

He needs to do it early then, as that's why I'm targetting the WBA game, as it'd give a new manager a week to bring someone in.

We need a winger for sure, and you'd hope he has someone like Deulofeu lined up for the first week of January.

And I don't think we're remotely near a relegation fight right now - I'm saying we're in one. We're 5 points off 18th with half the season played - we're in a relegation fight. The question is as to the severity of it. If we beat Hull, or pick 4 points up from the next 3 games, then that's enough. If we pick 0 or 1, then it becomes a very, very serious situation.

He needs to do it early then, as that's why I'm targetting the WBA game, as it'd give a new manager a week to bring someone in.

We need a winger for sure, and you'd hope he has someone like Deulofeu lined up for the first week of January.

And I don't think we're remotely near a relegation fight right now - I'm saying we're in one. We're 5 points off 18th with half the season played - we're in a relegation fight. The question is as to the severity of it. If we beat Hull, or pick 4 points up from the next 3 games, then that's enough. If we pick 0 or 1, then it becomes a very, very serious situation.

To me it is obvious that Distin's gone. He was at fault for alot today.

The team is like a tree. The tree stands on its trunk. The defence.

When the defence does stupid things then you have lack of confidence throughout the side.

Distin I wouldn't pick again frankly.

So it stands to reason we will be buying players in January. We also I know for a fact, have money to do so.

Wing and Defence need an overhaul. Not an Alcaraz overhaul. We mean a long term signing.

To me it is obvious that Distin's gone. He was at fault for alot today.

The team is like a tree. The tree stands on its trunk. The defence.

When the defence does stupid things then you have lack of confidence throughout the side.

Distin I wouldn't pick again frankly.

So it stands to reason we will be buying players in January. We also I know for a fact, have money to do so.

Wing and Defence need an overhaul. Not an Alcaraz overhaul. We mean a long term signing.

Depends on the money. I think if we sort out that atrocious attacking unit, you alleviate the pressure on the defence, so a winger is the first priority, possibly two with McGeady and Atsu being binned.

If there's money left over for a centre-half, so be it.

the funny thing about the RAWK comparisons is that criticism of the manager is actually shouted down and bannable on there

Hmmmm

Depends on the money. I think if we sort out that atrocious attacking unit, you alleviate the pressure on the defence, so a winger is the first priority, possibly two with McGeady and Atsu being binned.

If there's money left over for a centre-half, so be it.

We certainly are better with Mirallas but we cannot be relying on only one player.

We need to have two at least options.

Mcgeady is prone to stupidly losing the ball.

We need a winger who will create stuff and will not lose the ball totally unnecessarily.

We do need a centre back also.

The question is would the board give martinez big money to spend if any doubt has entered their minds over his position?

The club isn't Utd who can give moyes 60 million to spunk then van Gaal 150 million willy nilly. Martinez spent £34 million in the summer can you realistically see him being given a decent budget? I can't personally.

Needs to bring in good loan deals - and fast not wait until the end of the window.

The way things are going he will not be here by then.

We must not lose against Hull City - if he is going to play the passing game against Hull, then he needs to make sure we have cover at the back, when hull counter attack.

If we carry on losing games, so it should be. We're Everton.

What does "we're Everton" do with any of this? Because of our past success, we shouldn't tolerate ANY sort of rough patches. Teams go through rough patches and even though I don't like how were playing at the moment, he's earned enough from me to climb out of the hole this team is under instead of sacking him at the first sign of trouble.

And if we fired him right now? Who realistically is out there, that we can afford can come in and do a better job? The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

With all due respect, knock off sense of entitlement because it'S severely misplaced. Just because of the success we had in the past doesn't mean we should sack managers at the first sign of trouble. We make fun of Spurs all the time for firing managers at the first sign of trouble because their chairman has zero patience and you want to go ahead and do the same thing? No thanks.

And tell me, how all that sacking done for Spurs on the pitch, eh? A couple nice league placing and playing the EL (which many Spurs fans hate playing in for the 2nd straight year). Yeah those changes in mid stream really did them a lot of good.

Status
Not open for further replies.