19th January - Everton vs. West Brom

Should Martinez be sacked (if we're 15th or lower come WBA?)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

16th, 15th, relegated. Not what I'd call good after an extended time to actually shape the side. It indicates to me that he was incapable of improving a defence.

Getting into the fight is one thing, but actually being in the position of a relegation contender he was usually pretty handy of getting them out. Not that it will come to that with us, though the parallels with Wigan are becoming greater by the game

16th, 15th, relegated. Not what I'd call good after an extended time to actually shape the side. It indicates to me that he was incapable of improving a defence.

Right but the point is it took him 4 years.

You're arguing we need to sack him to keep us up this year, as if the moment we start dropping down the table, he'll panic and not cope. That didn't happen, in 3 out of 4 relegation fights he had enough to keep them up despite his team being in awful form coming into spring. He is comfortable in those situations, it's his backyard.

Now I don't think we'll seriously be in one this season but if we are, Roberto seems like he's the streetwise guy who can get us out of it as much as the likes of pulis or others.

Status
Not open for further replies.