1995-2020 = the longest barren spell without silverware in Everton's history

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference as far as I can see is the fans, when Liverpool are not performing well the fans get right behind them and give the team a lift and they get through it.. when we are not preforming well we moan and boo and the players respond in a negative way.. I've seen Everton fans having a laugh at Liverpool fans for the banners they've made and call it kopite behavior and embarrassing... well they have just won the champions league and we are here discussing a record drought for silverware.. tell me which is embarrassing.

That's a fair point but their fans aren't the only reason they're successful.

Seems like you’re trying to convince yourself. I don’t want Everton to be bought by a morally dubious individual or corporation because it matters that the club I support is representative of my views. Odd it wouldn’t be for you

Why would you want the club to be representative of your views? I don't want them to take public money which is a common occurrence over here.

But I don't want the club to fit specific religious, ideological, or political views.

That's just dumb. I love football but I have normal priorities.

I mean moshiri already has questionable ties.

An interest in the club along the lines you're describing, not saying you would, takes it to a stupid place.

Mixing ideology and religion in football is just utterly dumb.

They support their own team and create match changing atmospheres.

We tend to boo and demand sackings. Rightly so in some cases tbf. But it's way too frequent.

Don't get me wrong they hound out anyone they deem not good enough with a nasty hostility. But they generally get behind their own club as a collective and it does help.

Our fans created match changing atmospheres against Man Utd and against Arsenal.

We’re not overtaking Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs
or United, not with Moshiri and Kenwright.
I think we will make progress under Silva & Brands, the sides that I quoted all have their issues. We beat 3 of those sides at home last season and the signs towards the end of the season were encouraging, especially the home form, we should fear nobody. We have to be realistic but positive at the same time. I will be disaspointed if Wolves and Man Utd aren't overcome this year at the least.

I think we will make progress under Silva & Brands, the sides that I quoted all have their issues. We beat 3 of those sides at home last season and the signs towards the end of the season were encouraging, especially the home form, we should fear nobody. We have to be realistic but positive at the same time. I will be disaspointed if Wolves and Man Utd aren't overcome this year at the least.

See this is where the problem arises too much pressure is put on Silva and Brands to over perform.

Again let’s see how much money they have to spend.

What part of it isn’t true? We’ve gone from a side that battles relegation to one that’s now disappointed with 8th. We’ve finished in the top 6 numerous times in the last 15 years including once in the top 4 all with less resources than we have now. We’ve finished ahead of United, Spurs, City, Liverpool multiple times in that period all with less resources than we have now.

Some of the top 6 are on the up currently, some are on the down. The ones that are on the up are only a managerial exit from heading down. Good teams don’t stay good forever.

If we position ourselves as consistent challengers to the top 6. Getting European football on a regular basis, recruiting well every window, moving to the new stadium, there will be a season when one if not more of the top 6 will be off their game and like Spurs did we will have an opportunity to get champions league football.

Throwing the toys out the pram because Liverpool won a cup and saying it’s impossible to catch teams managed by Solskjaer with Smalling Jones and Young in their 11, or some teams we just blasted for fun at Goodison, will not solve anything. FFS Leicester won a league after escaping relegation, we got top 4 over Benitez’s European champs with Marcus Bent leading the line. We finished ahead of a Liverpool team containing different combos of Gerrard Torres Suárez and Coutinho two seasons in a row with Darren Gibson and Phil Neville in midfield.

Breaking the top 6 isn’t impossible. If we recruit smartly, and make smart managerial appointments it will happen, every piece of evidence in the history of the league recently says that to be the case. Acquisition of talent beats pure money being chucked around.

We need to shake off this stupid recent habit of following some decent building with a relegation season. Silva seemed to a stave that off last season to avoid the fate of Koeman. It’s not wildly incomprehensible that we could be looking at the season after next being back in the Europa league with a manager in situ, a squad that has had the deadwood removed and players that know the managers philosophy inside out. We’ve already in recent weeks smacked both of the Europa league finalists at home and played well away against them. Why couldn’t we be in a position given a lucky draw of winning the Europa? Or picking up a domestic cup?

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility at all. We have everything in place to make the top 6 a top 7 if Brands and Silva execute better than their counterparts in Leicester or Wolves. If that happens then every team int hat top bracket had had some form of success recently as they’ve waxed and waned in fortune. There’d be absolutely no reason that wouldn’t happen to us.
This is total sense mate ;)

Our fans created match changing atmospheres against Man Utd and against Arsenal.
And Chelsea we scored 8 and conceded 0 in those 3 games , imagine what we could do to lesser teams at goodison if the place was rocking every game from the start to the end. Quite possible that we'd go unbeaten at home. Picking up 40-45 points at home goes a long way to bridging the gap.

Why would you want the club to be representative of your views? I don't want them to take public money which is a common occurrence over here.

But I don't want the club to fit specific religious, ideological, or political views.

That's just dumb. I love football but I have normal priorities.

I mean moshiri already has questionable ties.

An interest in the club along the lines you're describing, not saying you would, takes it to a stupid place.

Mixing ideology and religion in football is just utterly dumb.

It’s not dumb, it’s wilfully blind to not want it to be the same. Political views are how we see what is wrong and right, why you wouldn’t want the things that matter to reflect is odd

It won’t change until proper changes are made at boardroom level. Those changes haven’t been made despite this ‘takeover’.

Get Kenwright, Woods and Harris out and off the board and stop hiring nomarks like DBB.

Moshiri isn’t the person who is going to push us on. He’s smalltime and has scaled back massively on everything.

‘Plans beyond the wildest dreams of any Evertonian’

‘Nothing will ever be the same again’

Sure, mate.

Its a shambles and I've been slated for arguing this all season.

The fact is its not rocket science - RS have risen because they hired one of the best managers in the game.

Utd have dropped because they have hired unqualified managers like Moyes, Ole, Van Gaal - only Mourinho got some form of proper success there.

I got slated for saying it but for me if we were serious about winning something/challenging top 6 I would have gone for Mourinho/Allegri/Mancini/Conte either when Alladyce was booted or at the end of this season and offer them massive money - they would win us a trophy/push us on.

The jury is still out on Silva and next season is sink or swim for Marco but even if he struggles and we got rid we would never attempt going for a big name as thats just not Everton and thats the problem - the level of ambition just isnt there at boardroom and won't be until there is a clear reshuffle at the top.

Its a shambles and I've been slated for arguing this all season.

The fact is its not rocket science - RS have risen because they hired one of the best managers in the game.

Utd have dropped because they have hired unqualified managers like Moyes, Ole, Van Gaal - only Mourinho got some form of proper success there.

I got slated for saying it but for me if we were serious about winning something/challenging top 6 I would have gone for Mourinho/Allegri/Mancini/Conte either when Alladyce was booted or at the end of this season and offer them massive money - they would win us a trophy/push us on.

The jury is still out on Silva and next season is sink or swim for Marco but even if he struggles and we got rid we would never attempt going for a big name as thats just not Everton and thats the problem - the level of ambition just isnt there at boardroom and won't be until there is a clear reshuffle at the top.

Disagree, personally. If Van Gaal and Mourinho are unqualified managers then I don’t know what a qualified one looks like.

United have literally hired every different type of manager and haven’t succeeded. Moyes was the “homegrown” option, following the Fergie route. Didn’t go in and command the respect that Fergie did. Van Gaal is one of the best ever managers and he did very well but got the boot because Mourinho, a truly elite manager, became available. Mourinho was never a fan-favourite, but came in and he rocked the boat too much The problem with United is ingrained in the boardroom. They value market-ability over ‘best fit’ and thats why Solskjaer worked, albeit for such a short time. He had the total backing of the fan-base and it’s easy to ride that wave for a bit.

For United to come back, I think they need this humiliation, this fall from grace. They will then be forced to shift any ego of “the United way” and strip everything back to basics.

Silva isn’t necessarily an issue for us. He’s done OK, most gave him a 6/10 for last season. The ambition now comes with backing him again. We’ve spent more than most teams and are still quite a way behind the top six. We need a whole lot more if we are to bridge that gap.

It won’t change until proper changes are made at boardroom level. Those changes haven’t been made despite this ‘takeover’.

Get Kenwright, Woods and Harris out and off the board and stop hiring nomarks like DBB.

Moshiri isn’t the person who is going to push us on. He’s smalltime and has scaled back massively on everything.

‘Plans beyond the wildest dreams of any Evertonian’

‘Nothing will ever be the same again’

Sure, mate.

Tell me what's wrong with DBB and who you would like to replace her?

Status
Not open for further replies.