10 most seismic Everton matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bristol City in the 1995 cup run.

We got absolutely battered that day, awful performance but had one shot late on by Matt Jackson and scored from it.

Our name was on the cup from that moment. Was a weird cup run that, I never once doubted that we were going to win it.

Was there with me Dad.

"Blimey, we won that, we will win the cup" he said.

If only Chelsea had beat Liverpool in 1986.

If only we’d beat Liverpool at Wembley 1986 (and 1989 but football was irrelevant at that point).

If only we’d had a different ref v Villarreal away.

To a lesser degree, v. Chelsea 2009 - that team deserved a cup, as did Moyes let’s be fair.

Some key games are nailed on for the list and have been mentioned already, but ...

69/70 away v rs ... 2 nil, obliged. Pay back for the pre Xmas home derby, and the result pushed us on to win the league.

Spurs away and the Big Nev save ... immensely important win & a great following in mid week, again on the way to be champions.

If only Chelsea had beat Liverpool in 1986.

If only we’d beat Liverpool at Wembley 1986 (and 1989 but football was irrelevant at that point).

If only we’d had a different ref v Villarreal away.

To a lesser degree, v. Chelsea 2009 - that team deserved a cup, as did Moyes let’s be fair.
We thought they had. Love to get me hands on the blert who started the rumour going round the ground that day.

Excellent work with the use of 'seismic' on a football forum, used correctly and everything :)

And for my money, the most seismic recent result was the Chelsea FA cup final in which Saha scored the record fastest goal. Really felt like that was the peak we reached under Moyes, and I can't help but wonder what would have happened if we'd got our hands on that pot.

Ah, well. Good effort though Louis, I always thought you were ace.

Thought Nev could have saved at least one of their goals as well now, looking back.
Stood there.. Like a skeleton..
I met Grobbelaar, I say met, I managed to get within about 10 feet of him at the Wembley Hilton, and hour before the 95 cup final.
One of the lads shouted "hey Brucie, how many games have ya chucked lad"?
Grobbelaar mouthed, what looked liked "cough"

It's a bold claim, particularly if you look at the goals we conceded. There's rank bad defending in this match. Have you evidence?

..absolutely not but the source was a real gentleman, he genuinely passed on what he was told immediately after the match. Remember this was before the Grobelaar case surfaced and not something said in hindsight.

Two games in one week - the European Cup Quarter-Final V Panathinaikos (bent ref) and the subsequent FA Cup semi-Final V the RS (Labone injured).

The Clive Thomas semi-final.

FA Cup Final V Man United 1985 - 3 days after the European Cup-Winners Cup Final.

Penalty shoot-out V Villareal.

FA Cup Final V Chelsea; if one of Arteta, Jagielka, Yakubu had been fit, or if Chelsea hadn't been cheated out of a European Cup Final appearance the previous Wednesday .....

Status
Not open for further replies.