10 most seismic Everton matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
From where I was on the Gwladys Street at that game, no way was Vernon offside...
I was dead level in the old Goodison paddock as was, so not him no. I came across a brief clip once, never been able to find it since. very jump abouty. Seems the ball came over from our right, from what I saw Young may have headed it back, he was the one in the offside (maybe) position and Vernon slotted...stricter rules then.
They were the best team in Europe. We were in poor form and with injuries. We would've seen them off 5mths previous when we were winning the league.
The Draw though, we didn't get some no marks as is usual in the 1st round. Nooo, we had to get the best team in Europe

I was dead level in the old Goodison paddock as was, so not him no. I came across a brief clip once, never been able to find it since. very jump abouty. Seems the ball came over from our right, from what I saw Young may have headed it back, he was the one in the offside (maybe) position and Vernon slotted...stricter rules then.
They were the best team in Europe. We were in poor form and with injuries. We would've seen them off 5mths previous when we were winning the league.
The Draw though, we didn't get some no marks as is usual in the 1st round. Nooo, we had to get the best team in Europe

In a non-seeded draw as well. That would give some modern Managers apoplexy!

This. The perfect Everton performance. 40,000 walked out of the ground that day and all you could hear was....."If we play a 10th as well as we did today, we will win the league". It was a fantastic day, my favorite. The following Tuesday we knocked them out of the Milk Cup at their place, and then went to Anfield an won. Heady days indeed!
I had footy training the night of the milk cup match. Had no idea what the score was when I got home. Me arl fella opened the door, he looked a bit grim. I said "oh no, how did we get on"? He replied "never mind , 2-1 lad, played them off the park as well, but Gidman got the winner........FOR US.....WAHHHHHHHH!!!"
Took me about five seconds to process what he'd said. Git.

Bristol City in the 1995 cup run.

We got absolutely battered that day, awful performance but had one shot late on by Matt Jackson and scored from it.

Our name was on the cup from that moment. Was a weird cup run that, I never once doubted that we were going to win it.
Was it Wayne Allison up front for them?should have buried us, terrible pitch,Jacko with a screamer,cue delirium!!:)

Semi final old Trafford 1971,that glorious team just fell apart afterwards,had we hung on to win,maybe such a fallow period would not have followed?
This game was a massive disappointment,probably the start of our inferiority complex against them. They were a poor side on the slide while we were champions .
Everton broke my heart that day I remember walking away from old Trafford with tears rolling down my face.

This game was a massive disappointment,probably the start of our inferiority complex against them. They were a poor side on the slide while we were champions .
Everton broke my heart that day I remember walking away from old Trafford with tears rolling down my face.
My old fella always told me Labone going off injured was the turning point, we were pretty much in control up to then,Sandy Brown came on as sub but was no Centre Back,the RS targeted him and profited:confused:

I just did, all our goals were down to them 'throwing it'?...one at least was due to their reliance on the back pass. Sometimes you just get games like that. All their goals were just as daft.
Yes Degsy don't see a lot wrong with our goals was at the game, as usual at Goodison everthing they hit went in remember Big Nev pulling off a miraculous save only for Beardsley to smash in a world class volley.Went to the replay as well that was enjoyable!

He was right mate
It wasn't much consolation but I was with my arl fella watching the final against Arsenal on a colour telly (they were a new thing then not many people had one) in a red mates house with 2 other reds
Quite why they invited my dad and me I will never know as he was the bitterest of blues and I was there with an Arsenal scarf on , when Charlie George scored all I remember was my arl fellas big hairy arse getting waved in the Reds faces ,needless to say they weren't very happy but as he was a big fella they had to grin and bear it.

If you get chance download Gary Nevilles Matchbox on Sky Sports episode 2 with Phil Neville, they go over the 3-0 v Liverpool and 4-4 at OT. Quite a bit of good insight from Phil Neville on his time at Everton. Good watch. 30 minute show.

Status
Not open for further replies.