£25million, Jo and a Dubai beach holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, they would only be for sale if we were guaranteed a class and proven and more importantly, better, replacement. There are very few better than Lescott in my opinion and they're already at the top clubs, other than the likes of your Vidic's and Ferdinand's, it would be a gamble to try to replace lescott regardless of how much you're spending.

His influence has been immense since shifting inside and for me his value has shot up this season. I'd take £25m and Jo for Arteta alone, but not Lescott. There are people capable of replacing Arteta, prime example would be Moutinho, and its a position that is less of a gamble than losing a key centre half.

So for me Lescott isn't for sale, Arteta is at the right price

Double it and we can talk.

So let me get this straight....they'd give us £25million plus Jo for Lescott (worth £15million) and Arteta (worth £20million)?

For a start, we'd be selling ourselves short.
Jo isnt a £18million player and doesnt look like someone who'd work well in the long run for us.
And there are plenty of players out there they can buy for less than £25million, equally and or better than Arteta in the summer.

So yeah....double that figure and lets talk about it.

Oh and add Shaun Wright Phillips or Elano in there aswell.

Last edited:
£25million and Jo are what City are planning to offer for Arteta and Lescott, according to the Daily Post.

Right we want £25 million and Jo, plus the site on Stanley Park that Liverpool want to build on, complete with a big new stadium casting a huge shadow on Anfield, plus the comfy chair from City's Boardroom and Mrs Hughes recipe for Lemon Cheesecake. Guaranteed. Then we can negotiate.

city should make their absolute, absolute top end offer.

and then get told to triple it.

city should make their absolute, absolute top end offer.

and then get told to triple it.

And do you know what? Its what they deserve.

They set their stall out with the Kaka inccident in January. There's an extra £10million on top of any player if Citeh are involved.

They're part of the core of the first eleven. No chance, would be suicide to get rid at that price. Maybe £40m and Jo and we could begin to chat.

They're part of the core of the first eleven. No chance, would be suicide to get rid at that price. Maybe £40m and Jo and we could begin to chat.

Why sell though? Considering we wouldn't be seeing even half of the money we would receive from Citeh?

Your all crazy.

Let me cast your minds back

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Man City | Man City complete De Jong signing

£18million for Nigel de Jong when if they waited a few months, they could have got him for £1.8m. Basically paying £17million to have a player a few months earlier.

That set the benchmark as far as I am concerned.

For us to sell, we would have to be comfortable that its in our interests and we could not only replace them, but improve the squad.

Considering the above. Considering its Manchester City. No less than £30m each. If they wont pay it - no loss to us.

I meant £40m as a an indicator that we could have a discussion. Okay, now I know both are important, but if we screwed City for £50m, it might not be a bad deal for us. Then again, maybe we're better sticking with what we have and progressing in another way. I would leave that judgment to Moyes or ToxtethBlue.

I suppose it boils down to whether he (Moyes, not Tox) believes that a figure of around £50m to improve the squad outweighs retaining both players.

Status
Not open for further replies.