Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about McTominay? Looked decent in parts, can tackle, scores a few.. maybe he’s the sort to bring in and develop in that all action role. Obvious caveat of shopping in Aldi and trying to be realistic
I'm actually a fan of Scotty McTee; granted he's no Iniesta or anything but I think he's a better player than he gets credit for (could perhaps even be fashioned into an all acction box-to-box player instead of just DM). Plus I also like that he never hides on the pitch, always shows for the ball. How many of our lads have been called cowards for so long for hiding on the pitch or after a defeat. He'd be a welcome -and not unrealistic- addition IMO.

You're a smart lad Zat , surely you can understand our finances.
The calculations on P&S and FFP should show that we can spend money...Id say at leaat £100mil which is £20mil a season over 5 seasons.

That would show £20mil this summer on the books in fees spent and of course a couple of hundred grand on the wages side.

Thats my take based on players out..and the Richarlison sale.

Its strange.

How about McTominay? Looked decent in parts, can tackle, scores a few.. maybe he’s the sort to bring in and develop in that all action role. Obvious caveat of shopping in Aldi and trying to be realistic

We were linked to him a couple of weeks ago. Better to go for Garner from them instead.

Why do we care if a player is an international , England or otherwise.

I just want players who will fit what Lampard wants to do and can carry out a specific role efficiently.

I believe that Lampard has done well at Chelsea with young primarily English players....he also seems to be a confidence booster which could help previously highly rated players turn their careers around.

Does look like he's going with what he knows.
Ajax do produce an endless chain of talent, but it's going to be hilarious this time next year when he's been sacked and Pochettino is trying to shift out 54 former Ajax players he doesn't want so he can bring in Kane, Moura and Dele. ?

That's not what bill says , all the other clubs are in envy of our shrewd business acumen according to him lol what a deluded cretin
Bill is a business genius. In finding the Iranian Mr Bean, he effectively sold his house for a massive wedge and Moshiri still lets him live in it.

77716280fb84f1f3de7dfb1d4b9dde55.jpg

Ajax do produce an endless chain of talent, but it's going to be hilarious this time next year when he's been sacked and Pochettino is trying to shift out 54 former Ajax players he doesn't want so he can bring in Kane, Moura and Dele. ?

Akin to Moyes getting Fellaini.

The calculations on P&S and FFP should show that we can spend money...Id say at leaat £100mil which is £20mil a season over 5 seasons.

That would show £20mil this summer on the books in fees spent and of course a couple of hundred grand on the wages side.

Thats my take based on players out..and the Richarlison sale.

Its strange.

We were linked to him a couple of weeks ago. Better to go for Garner from them instead.

I believe that Lampard has done well at Chelsea with young primarily English players....he also seems to be a confidence booster which could help previously highly rated players turn their careers around.
Honestly, unless he has no other option, Garner will not come to Everton.
He doesn’t like Everton nor does his family , they take pleasure in our misfortunes.
This I know.

I thought Burnley overpaid at £12mil.

Theyve had 2.5 months worth of good form our of him (same as Watford got from Dennis) which was more than hes ever shown in his career.

Id be disappointed if we paid over £10mil for him and gave him over £50k a week.

KLP went for less than this guys buyout and would have been a progressive signing.
16 millions for an unproven player with zero experience in the premier league or any top competitive league...thats good value for you?

Yeah he's got some attributes. His passing is decent. Too bad most of it is sideways and backwards (I can already hear the Goodison groans). I'm not saying the "English Xavi" (or whatever the moniker was) would be the worst signing of all the names we've been linked with, but he also not exactly next-level stuff either.
Next- level costs more than we have. Loan with an option?

I’ve estimated consistently we can take on ~£15m in combined wages and amortisation post Richarlison sale (won’t repeat past boring accounting detail).

We are inevitably haggling and trading off like El Bobble says to get the most possible done within our ‘envelope’, trying to get eg three deals not one.

Shifting one or more additional big wage, high amortisation guys for break-even or better fees would help but demand is weak.

I repeat my mantra for this summer. Intelligence, creativity, patience, luck. We are asking a lot of Thelwell. Fingers crossed he can deliver.

Honestly, unless he has no other option, Garner will not come to Everton.
He doesn’t like Everton nor does his family , they take pleasure in our misfortunes.
This I know.

Whats the deal with this ?

He’s from the Wirral, is a product of the Man U academy since he was eight. So why the hate, we’d just be a stepping stone ?

There’s a lad who I know, whose entire family, on both sides are all massive blues, yet his lad has been at the RS academy for years.

Obviously, he’d rather he was at our academy, but the lads school have close ties with the the RS and they got in first.

Status
Not open for further replies.