Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's not to be convinced by? He's Spurs eleventyfifth choice midfield option, somewhere between the tea lady and a cardboard cut out of David Ginola.
Honestly I don't think hes that horrid he played in a champions league final. He just doesn't suit what we need at all. If we had unlimited funds and could secure a proper dm and a 10 I wouldn't mind him coming in to link up play. Because unlike our awful midfield he can actually pass the ball but he lacks too many other aspects we're in desperate need of.

Honestly I don't think hes that horrid he played in a champions league final. He just doesn't suit what we need at all. If we had unlimited funds and could secure a proper dm and a 10 I wouldn't mind him coming in to link up play. Because unlike our awful midfield he can actually pass the ball but he lacks too many other aspects we're in desperate need of.
Yeah he's got some attributes. His passing is decent. Too bad most of it is sideways and backwards (I can already hear the Goodison groans). I'm not saying the "English Xavi" (or whatever the moniker was) would be the worst signing of all the names we've been linked with, but he also not exactly next-level stuff either.

Yeah he's got some attributes. His passing is decent. Too bad most of it is sideways and backwards (I can already hear the Goodison groans). I'm not saying the "English Xavi" (or whatever the moniker was) would be the worst signing of all the names we've been linked with, but he also not exactly next-level stuff either.
Absolutely side passes galore , Martinez would love him

He was a pivotal part of the Spurs team that got to the final with Ericsson and Sissoko ahead of him in the midfield. As I say, folk won’t be excited but he will add a lot, especially in the market we’re looking at (loans). Of course not a first choice but who else would you go for that is realistic? Genuine question btw

He was a pivotal part of the Spurs team that got to the final with Ericsson and Sissoko ahead of him in the midfield. As I say, folk won’t be excited but he will add a lot, especially in the market we’re looking at (loans). Of course not a first choice but who else would you go for that is realistic? Genuine question btw
And that's the conundrum. Under ideal circumstances the likes of Winks and MGW wouldn't even be getting mentioned, but thats where we are. Limited cash, limited options. If it's a loan deal, no problem with that. Would rather sensible short term loans than dropping a reported £25m on some squad player from Wolves who spent last year in the second divison.

Neither will the manager
sam.jpg

dont worry, ol' Hippo Head is standing by..........

Status
Not open for further replies.