Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've honestly no idea, but if we end up dropping £20-25m on MGW or Cornetto or Winks on deadline day instead of buying a promising young talent like KLP I will be thoroughly piddled off, I tell ya!
KLP played for Hull of course while MGW was at a superior team in Sheff Utd so its nor a direct comparison.

But MGW has got 10 England U21 caps to KLP's 4 and hes only 11 months older.

Probably a similar level of risk...although its disappointing we didnt sign both as soon as Richarlison went.

Moshiri July 22nd judge us when window closes
Moshiri 1st Sept we tried on several deals but other clubs put inflated prices on their players, but we did sign Delph on a 12 month deal and Rondon is prepared to commit to another deal ??

Thanks, I assume Gilmore being the 6 and Gallagher the 8? The fabled 6 seems to be either a robust tackler (Ghana type) or a guy to get the ball transitioning through midfield with an eye for a pass (Winks).. I guess finding one who does both (Rodri?) is the ideal. Don’t see winks as a destroyer so maybe not ideal for us as we are desperate for a ball winner (imo). Trouble is Ghana type won’t help us retain or improve possession so I think you’re right to consider 2 that complement each other.. that’s a worry with our finances!
I highly doubt we'd be able to get them both, certainly not on permanent deals, but I could see BG controlling the midfield play as a deep playmaker and CG being the action box-to-box player (maybe a 3rd CM in between them, Gana/ball-winner type). Not seen much of Gana last season but I'd certainly have him back on a years loan if that were possible. We've never come close to replacing our Kante-lite IMO.

I highly doubt we'd be able to get them both, certainly not on permanent deals, but I could see BG controlling the midfield play as a deep playmaker and CG being the action box-to-box player (maybe a 3rd CM in between them, Gana/ball-winner type). Not seen much of Gana last season but I'd certainly have him back on a years loan if that were possible. We've never come close to replacing our Kante-lite IMO.
Gilmour seems more realistic than Gallagher he's been making a lot of comments about how he wants to thrive at Chelsea and earn a spot there but yeah he would he would welcomed for sure

Moshiri 1st Sept we tried on several deals but other clubs put inflated prices on their players, but we did sign Delph on a 12 month deal and Rondon is prepared to commit to another deal ??
Moshiri 10th Sept: "whats that you're shouting about with your bedsheet banners?! I can't quite hear you from all the way over here whilst I sun tan my arse on my yacht in the middle of the Med".

It's a concern for sure. There are windows within windows.

We probably have until a week on Friday to get players in by kick-off.

If that doesn't happen it's very difficult to do deals between then and deadline day/week.

I'm sure we'll sign a few but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we went into the final day having just added Tarkowski. It seems we are finding it extremely hard to fund initial payments spread out over a few players.

If we haven't got the legroom, we haven't got it. I think that could have been reasonably foreseen though, unless circumstances have changed. I'll still maintain that shopping domestically in these conditions is just adding to the difficulties, and they should be focusing on the continent.

KLP played for Hull of course while MGW was at a superior team in Sheff Utd so its nor a direct comparison.

But MGW has got 10 England U21 caps to KLP's 4 and hes only 11 months older.

Probably a similar level of risk...although its disappointing we didnt sign both as soon as Richarlison went.
You're a smart lad Zat , surely you can understand our finances.

How about McTominay? Looked decent in parts, can tackle, scores a few.. maybe he’s the sort to bring in and develop in that all action role. Obvious caveat of shopping in Aldi and trying to be realistic

Winks on loan (former England international) to go with Tarkowski (former England international) and £25-30mil for MGW (England u21 international would be decent business for us i think.

Sort those two out and try and sign Colwill (England u21 international) and Garner (England u21 international) and I'd be chuffed.

Tarkowski: Signed
Winks
MGW
Colwill
Garner

That would be a good window...
Why do we care if a player is an international , England or otherwise.

I just want players who will fit what Lampard wants to do and can carry out a specific role efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.