Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
16 millions for an unproven player with zero experience in the premier league or any top competitive league...thats good value for you?
Cornet in theory is slightly lower risk due to his successful season in the Prem, but that Hull (now Brentford) lad in theory has a higher ceiling. Honestly around the same price at £16mil for both of them respectively seems fair!

Last edited:
Whats the deal with this ?

He’s from the Wirral, is a product of the Man U academy since he was eight. So why the hate, we’d just be a stepping stone ?

There’s a lad who I know, whose entire family, on both sides are all massive blues, yet his lad has been at the RS academy for years.

Obviously, he’d rather he was at our academy, but the lads school have close ties with the the RS and they got in first.
Some are simply more entrenched in their views than others.
He is good enough not to have to consider us in any case.
In all honesty if one of my kids was good enough to play for Man U I’d never be happy with him going to the RS, anywhere but there.

16 millions for an unproven player with zero experience in the premier league or any top competitive league...thats good value for you?

KLP is an England u21 international who is highly rated and just been snapped up by an extremely well run scouting department.

Cornet has had a good 2.5 months and started primarily at centre forward. Just like that other donkey Dennis.

Cornet has had a good 2.5 months and started primarily at centre forward. Just like that other donkey Dennis.
Think I'd rather have Les than Emmanuel tbf.

If we could expand our transfer strategy beyond chasing players from relegated teams that would just be el terrifico. ?

Honestly, unless he has no other option, Garner will not come to Everton.
He doesn’t like Everton nor does his family , they take pleasure in our misfortunes.
This I know.
You make it sound like hes a part of a rival house from game of thrones where there's a blood feud. I know there's tribalism in sports but it's still a game ultimately

How about McTominay? Looked decent in parts, can tackle, scores a few.. maybe he’s the sort to bring in and develop in that all action role. Obvious caveat of shopping in Aldi and trying to be realistic
I'd be surprised if United were looking to shift him. He's a good player, and they're very light in that area of midfield.

Cornet in theory is slightly lower risk due to his successful season in the Prem, but that Hull (now Brentford) lad in theory has a higher ceiling. Honestly around the same price at £16mil for both of them respectively seems fair!
I agree with you. We need the lowest possible risk bearing in mind our current situation. KLP might turn up to be a top player but we need certainty right now at least until next summer when we may be in better shape in relation to ffp.

In all honesty if one of my kids was good enough to play for Man U I’d never be happy with him going to the RS, anywhere but there.
He's got the option of Forest though it's not like he will actually play for United much this season

I’d rather my son or daughter be successful at a career they wanted to follow rather than be curtailed by a footballing allegiance. It’s a game, ultimately.

Status
Not open for further replies.