Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
17.5 millions...thats amazing value in todays market...not sure you'll find better value out there

I thought Burnley overpaid at £12mil.

Theyve had 2.5 months worth of good form our of him (same as Watford got from Dennis) which was more than hes ever shown in his career.

Id be disappointed if we paid over £10mil for him and gave him over £50k a week.

KLP went for less than this guys buyout and would have been a progressive signing.

Completely agree about judging him at the end of the window.

Some positives from my view so far:

The deals we haven’t done. There’s a lot of silly money being thrown around this window. I’m glad we don’t seem to be part of that at the moment.

Selling Richarlison. He had to go, and fortunately no one at the club made any silly overly sentimental decisions about keeping him.

Allowing Delph, Siggurdson, Tosun and Kenny to go. No silly extensions offered to the first three, and no false promises to Kenny, be a bit part player on low wages or get out.

Tarkowski will have had his pick of any club outside the European ones I’d imagine. We’ve still beaten off competition for him.

A lot of work still to do but after watching some of our previous windows sometimes doing less is a positive for Everton.
Good post.

A big end to the window needed. It’s good that Lampard comes out and says we need that ‘6’ as I think it could transform out starting 11 if we got a competent six and another attacker in - and move to 4 at the back.

I thought Burnley overpaid at £12mil.

Theyve had 2.5 months worth of good form our of him (same as Watford got from Dennis) which was more than hes ever shown in his career.

Id be disappointed if we paid over £10mil for him and gave him over £50k a week.

KLP went for less than this guys buyout and would have been a progressive signing.
Agree x100, especially the KLP bit.

Why are we continually being linked with fullbacks, surely we need to spend what little money we appear to have in other areas such as midfield and forwards.

Those two, Tarkowski and a proper 6 would be a reasonably good window. 2 or three more sales would make it even better.
These 2 seem likely and I’d say Winks is odds on to be the 6. I said elsewhere that folk won’t be excited by Winks but at least the guy is competent and that’s a big leap forward in our current options for ‘6’.

Bobble saying we're interested in MGW + Cornet but are struggling to structure the deals. Where does this guy get his info from??
It’s not normal itk it’s layered with info only club employees would know about, and he’s getting people to part with £2 a pop for this info, maybe the guy singing like a canary from the club is getting a share I hope so

Status
Not open for further replies.