Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have to accept any offer over the release clause. They wouldn't have a choice because it's part of his contract.
Yes, I think the issue would be how we paid the release clause. As it’s doubtful we could pay it all upfront. We would have to negotiate that with Burnley, which would be problematic.

Was thinking same, if you going with blooding youth do it straight away, gives them confidence immediately that they have a real chance, they'll learn as they play, and might surprise a few.
You don't want to be calling on them when struggling
And TBF if we do struggle using the youngsters this year, it'll be them we need next season to get us back up, so they may as well get the experience now.

Good grief what have we become.
Scary times

We survived by the skin of our teeth.

Since then we've lost a key player who directly give us 35% of our goals/assists.

We had another big provider for the first half of last season in Digne.

We've brought in James Tarkowski.

It is concerning.
Our main striker is for and we will concede less goals
Get a couple in and we’ll be good

I’m not sure he did anything tbh, it was accepted by the fanbase that Benitez stopped him crossing the half way line. Did he have an assist? Mykolenko bettered his attacking output.

Last season we were 20/20 for chances created in the league, and 19/20 for big chances created.

In season's prior when we were competitive, Digne and Sigurdsson would top chances created, and assists.

Even Walcott would be in there.

We need to bring in players who can create. We've let too many go in Digne, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Rodriguez... even Bernard. Whatever you think to those players, the facts are they topped chances created/assists. Having those players in your team give your centre forward an extra edge - belief they'll get a chance.

We've got no creativity and although Digne was hamstrung under Benitez - he's miles above Mykolenko for creating. Has Mykolenko even got a Premier League assist to his name yet?

Last season we were 20/20 for chances created in the league, and 19/20 for big chances created.

In season's prior when we were competitive, Digne and Sigurdsson would top chances created, and assists.

We need to bring in players who can create. We've let too many go in Digne, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Rodriguez... even Bernard. Whatever you think to those players, the facts are they topped chances created/assists. Having those players in your team give your centre forward an extra edge - belief they'll get a chance.

We've got no creativity and although Digne was hamstrung under Benitez - he's miles above Mykolenko for creating. Has Mykolenko even got a Premier League assist to his name yet?
Dele, if he is playing would immediately be far more creative than anybody we had last season.

Bit harsh judging him on his assists last season. He has played 13 league games in a garbage team. Scored one belter. We needed him to defend and he did that.

Digne also played 13 for us last season. Also got no assists.

Wonder why Lampard never fancied him last season.

Often speculated it was because we never had a midfield to accommodate him.

Has that changed?
I think it was backs to the wall for Lampard from the minute he arrived,

I feel he would like to have set the team up differently to include Dele but just couldn't do so because our position was so dire.

I think the team will be set up in a different way this season and I would guess that the intention is for Dele to become a central player.

At least, I am hoping that is what will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.