Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was backs to the wall. Not the time to try kids etc. we could not afford to drop a single point.
NOw we are free of the relegation shackles frank can actually implement stuff for the future
I'd be very surprised if there are any youngsters that are good enough to hold down a first team place consistently over the coming season and the senior first team still needs to lose 5-6 players that shouldn't be near going with the team on a jaunt to the states, i know its easier said and done but Lampard shouldn't be entertaining several of those at all.

They have had almost 5 months to look at them, if they dont know what they have on their hands by now we are screwed
They’ll be able to take a closer look at the youngsters and a first proper look at returning loans like Simms, Gbamin, Warrington, Nkounkou etc to see if they have it in them to play a part in the squad. Even if a couple are thought ready to play a part it’s cover for certain positions we don’t need to sign.

I'd be very surprised if there are any youngsters that are good enough to hold down a first team place consistently over the coming season and the senior first team still needs to lose 5-6 players that shouldn't be near going with the team on a jaunt to the states, i know its easier said and done but Lampard shouldn't be entertaining several of those at all.
Surely he will be looking if any can be third choice cb/mf/rb/lb etc to avoid having to spend money we don’t have to waste as cover ?!
Patterson onyango dobbin and more could well be those people for instance

He's very highly thought of in Scotland, I've heard. Scottish international, in fact.
Not denying that. Let's be honest though International caps don't equate to a great player. And they're Scottish International caps. All I said was I've never seen him defend and against decent opposition. Was turgid vs Boreham Wood, no ? But he's an International. That argument doesn't add up.

I'd be very surprised if there are any youngsters that are good enough to hold down a first team place consistently over the coming season
You never know though. 12 months ago Gordon was coming off a mediocre loan at Preston and pre-season was probably a decision on whether to loan him out again or keep him for cover. Decided to keep him, got in the team through injuries now he’s a star player. There might not be youngsters in there who will start the first game of the season but possibly one or two ready to provide cover and grab an opportunity.

Upset about a youth team prospect you've never heard of leaving the club?

Distraught at the thought of Brentford beating you to the signing of a player you'd never heard of or watched until internet links surfaced?

Angrily smashing keyboards as you type analysis of another clubs new signing who we should have bought?

SamaritansTalktous.jpg

Not denying that. Let's be honest though International caps don't equate to a great player. And they're Scottish International caps. All I said was I've never seen him defend and against decent opposition. Was turgid vs Boreham Wood, no ? But he's an International. That argument doesn't add up.
Don’t Scotland play a 5 back with wing backs?

The idea that one or two of last season’s loan or academy players might emerge as ‘cover’ replacing Delph & Tosun is not preposterous. The problem is they are covering for a near relegation team minus Richarlison, adding Tarkowski. We can say ‘but injuries’ yet ageing and injury prone players like Allan, Mina and (realistically) Coleman tend to get injured. Given our limited financial position we need a lot of luck and some shrewdness in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.