Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Patterson plays and is ready then we actually have as a starting Defence a very good one.

Pickford
Patterson - Mina - Tarkowski - Mykolenko

Big if but Mina staying fit, that's a very solid backline
I've never seen Patterson have to defend against world class teams so you're making a massive assumption there mate.

No, but it was fairly close.

According to transfermarkt:

Demarai Gray (all competitions, 2021-22): 39 appearances, 6 goals, 5 assists;

Anthony Gordon: 40 appearances, 4 goals, 3 assists;

Maxwel Cornet: 26 appearances, 9 goals, 2 assists.

Cornet is three months younger than Gray, and four years older than Gordon... is he really enough of an upgrade to be worth spending £17.5m on? I'd say no, unless he can play wide right (transfermarkt says he's left-footed) as his primary position for us.

If money was NOT a huge issue for us, I could see the reasoning behind bringing him in - five subs rule and our currently thin squad means he'd undoubtedly get plenty of game time. But if we spend that money, we will severely restrict our prospects of bringing in the CMs (x2), RW and backup CF we desperately need.

Personally i havent seen enough of him to really have an opinion. Looked good for Burnley but could just have been a good season.

If Patterson plays and is ready then we actually have as a starting Defence a very good one.

Pickford
Patterson - Mina - Tarkowski - Mykolenko

Big if but Mina staying fit, that's a very solid backline

It’s night and day compared to

Coleman Keane Holgate Kenny

Even if we can guarantee that back line but with Godfrey covering for some Mina absences that’s still decent. Mina missing the entire season was a nightmare for us and Godfrey was pretty much similar having covid and then getting injured once Lampard arrived.

We improved massively just swapping Kenny for Mykolenko so hopefully if that back 4 you mentioned can play more forms than not we’ll be fine.

I am beginning to wonder if this is an old school window where we buy no one else now.
Couple of last minute loans.

Surely if Moshiri is open to selling his stake, and is already stressing about being up to his neck in Stadium costs, he won't be investing in the squad.

Think we will spin it about FFP and possible action being taken against us.

They will be hoping Lampard starts with a better 1st 9 game return, following on from the home performances he had, with a full pre season to work with who we have left to shore up and get more points away.

Think the team all knew Richy was on a end of season agreement, couple this at the start of last season with the appointment of a controversial unwanted manager, renowned for being an hard fella to please, the fall out with Digne, the complications with DCL health, and the sudden bombshell of a player being arrested and why, all contributed to the dross that we ended up with.

This will be a chance to galvanise. The worry is keeping key people fit in this scenario, and how well our reliance on our youth works out.

I just hope if we do get anyone else in, they are none of the following
1 - Unproven in this league
2 - Young enough to still be classed as potential
3 - Injury prone journeymen
4 - Over expensive panic buys
5 - A Moshiri pick unwanted by FL/KT

I am beginning to wonder if this is an old school window where we buy no one else now.
Couple of last minute loans.

Surely if Moshiri is open to selling his stake, and is already stressing about being up to his neck in Stadium costs, he won't be investing in the squad.

Think we will spin it about FFP and possible action being taken against us.

They will be hoping Lampard can get a better 9 game return, following on from the home performances he had, with a full pre season to work with who we have left to shore up and get more points away.

Think the team all knew Richy was on a end of season agreement, couple this at the start of last season with the appointment of a controversial unwanted manager, renowned for being an hard fella to please, the fall out with Digne, the complications with DCL health, and the sudden bombshell of a player being arrested and why, all contributed to the dross that we ended up with.

This will be a chance to galvanise. The worry is keeping key people fit in this scenario, and how well our reliance on our youth works out.

I just hope if we do get anyone else in, they are none of the following
1 - Unproven in this league
2 - Young enough to still be classed as potential
3 - Injury prone journeymen
4 - Over expensive panic buys
5 - A Moshiri pick unwanted by FL/KT

He won’t be investing in the squad because his access to that money has been cut off.

Status
Not open for further replies.