Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
…I know, I couldn’t help myself.

i notice in earlier videos Cornet is often playing as a LB. I like wingers who convert to FB, but less keen on defenders who transition to attackers.
He played there for most of a season for Lyon according to Transfermarkt. And a quick Google, they had 2 injuries there so he was put there and performed well apparently, but he is a winger.

These usless gets need to pull their finger out.

A relegation outfit that just sold the player who saved them from the drop.

More urgency required. We dont want to be getting 2/3 in the final week of the window and have to wait 2 months until they're bedded in. We cant afford to get stuck in the stalls.

….yep, I like wingers who convert to full-back so it wouldn’t surprise me if he was a better defender.
Could be a decent deal with his release clause being relatively low (especially as Burnley bought him for 13m). And would then offer us some left back cover for Myko as well.

But, I'm worried we are being linked to all the left sided forwards when we have been in need of a right sided forward for years. Gordon and gray both prefer the left already.

Think Frank knows what being an Evertonian really feels like now, he's probably pulling what's left of his hair worrying about the fact we have sold the player who kept us up, and are making another Everton of the summer transfer window. Beginning to think we are genuinely skint and we are in huge trouble next season. Players should be bedding in by now it's one pathetically run football club.

I would imagine trying to get a deal with Burnley done over Cornet would be almost impossible, given they are the ones pushing for punishments over our financial state. We could meet his release clause, but would they be open to us paying bare minimum up front, highly doubtful. Maybe towards end of window if no other interest, then they might want to deal with us.

They have to accept any offer over the release clause. They wouldn't have a choice because it's part of his contract.

Over his time here how many games did we win without richie? Need a solid replacement and whole slew of additional players to resolve deficiencies. I really don't have confidence in Everton but hopefully they can surprise me

Six weeks ago: people on the pitch celebrating and the feeling that we cant let that happen again....Richarlison leaves and we're looking like odds on to go down.

They are taking the utter piss here.

Some BS takeover story to keep everyone distracted while they intentionally sit on their hands until they can shift another one out the door for cash, and only then start bringing in another free transfer or so or do loan deals. THAT is where we're headed.

If you were looking on at this as a neutral you'd be down the bookies looking for the odds on Everton's relegation.

We survived by the skin of our teeth.

Since then we've lost a key player who directly give us 35% of our goals/assists.

We had another big provider for the first half of last season in Digne.

We've brought in James Tarkowski.

It is concerning.

I’m not sure he did anything tbh, it was accepted by the fanbase that Benitez stopped him crossing the half way line. Did he have an assist? Mykolenko bettered his attacking output.

Status
Not open for further replies.