Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have money!
I suspect we have a bit more budget that we’re letting on but “we’re skint” is a better negotiating position than advertising your full budget when you’re trying to stretch the budget to as many players as possible. It makes for slower progress but probably better value in the long run.

Look at Villa- they got absolutely fleeced last summer for pretty average players like Ings and Buendia because everyone knew they had the Grealish money to play with.

…posting it, though, is too tempting. The West Ham penalty miss is also quite bad to be fair.
Unless you've got a ten minute video of misses it is kind of silly.

I'll actually just say it. Cornet is someone we should be careful with because he was a good finisher last year and it might not carry over. Even with those misses.

I recall reading somewhere that European clubs are more strict with regards payments.

Like Premier League clubs can "afford" to do the deal over 2-3 years, but teams in Europe normally demand a bigger initial payment and normally only do 1-2 years.

Not sure where I read it or whether its true.

Bit the players cost a lot less .. you can pick players up from Europe for 20m that would costs double if they had played one year in the prem .

Even the best miss. Posting a couple of misses doesn't make him a bad player. (Not saying we should or.shouldnt sign him, but he had a decent record last season and a couple of misses doesn't undo that)

I seem to remember that guy Spurs just bought for 60m missing a sitter for us v Leicester last season.

Even the best miss. Posting a couple of misses doesn't make him a bad player. (Not saying we should or.shouldnt sign him, but he had a decent record last season and a couple of misses doesn't undo that)

…I know, I couldn’t help myself.

i notice in earlier videos Cornet is often playing as a LB. I like wingers who convert to FB, but less keen on defenders who transition to attackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.