Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the outside I’d love to have him back if he’d take wages around what we were paying Delph or Gylfi.

Those inside the club though will know the real deal behind his gradual disappearance at the end of his time here. Chronic injury? Just couldn’t be bothered? Whether or not we’d ever take him back probably depends on what was going on behind the scenes back then.
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Honestly, it really annoyed me that he didn't stick around for the last game of the season to at least wave to the supporters. I get it, he wasn't going to play, but he just decided he'd rather take a private jet back to Colombia instead of at the very least say "hola" to everyone. Never played one match in front of any besides the fabled Florida Cup.

To be fair the last few seasons we’ve had right backs and centre halves playing left back, and he was down the pecking order anyway, I can see why he would want to leave, he clearly never got the assurance’s he wanted , to keep him.
Not getting many games at Soton.
At his age players can improve or go backwards,think his ego got the better of him.

I would imagine trying to get a deal with Burnley done over Cornet would be almost impossible, given they are the ones pushing for punishments over our financial state. We could meet his release clause, but would they be open to us paying bare minimum up front, highly doubtful. Maybe towards end of window if no other interest, then they might want to deal with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.