Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine trying to get a deal with Burnley done over Cornet would be almost impossible, given they are the ones pushing for punishments over our financial state. We could meet his release clause, but would they be open to us paying bare minimum up front, highly doubtful. Maybe towards end of window if no other interest, then they might want to deal with us.
I think that is finished now.

Wonder why Lampard never fancied him last season.

Often speculated it was because we never had a midfield to accommodate him.

Has that changed?
Anyone claiming it was for any reason other than him being miles off the pace in training, not to mention in the vast majority of his appearances, is deluding themselves.

Last season we were 20/20 for chances created in the league, and 19/20 for big chances created.

In season's prior when we were competitive, Digne and Sigurdsson would top chances created, and assists.

Even Walcott would be in there.

We need to bring in players who can create. We've let too many go in Digne, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Rodriguez... even Bernard. Whatever you think to those players, the facts are they topped chances created/assists. Having those players in your team give your centre forward an extra edge - belief they'll get a chance.

We've got no creativity and although Digne was hamstrung under Benitez - he's miles above Mykolenko for creating. Has Mykolenko even got a Premier League assist to his name yet?

Yes, he won the second penalty at Burnley. He has also scored more Premier League goals than Digne has in the last 3 years.

Maybe try reading mate.
I know, you said digne was hamstrung under benitez. But doesn't change the fact that last season, he got no more assists than Myko in the same amount of games.

Both of them played primarily in defensive set ups in backs to the wall jobs. Until we start actually playing with a more attacking game plan, I'm not judging Myko on his creativity.

Doesn't count as an assist you bulb.

Well personally I’d call it more of an assist than passing 5 yards sideways to someone 50 yards from goal who then advances 20 yards and belts in a screamer, but clearly you’re just looking at WhoScored and what the numbers say on there so fair play. Pretty much summing up why people should just watch football with their eyes rather than looking at spreadsheets to form opinions.

Last season we were 20/20 for chances created in the league, and 19/20 for big chances created.

In season's prior when we were competitive, Digne and Sigurdsson would top chances created, and assists.

Even Walcott would be in there.

We need to bring in players who can create. We've let too many go in Digne, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Rodriguez... even Bernard. Whatever you think to those players, the facts are they topped chances created/assists. Having those players in your team give your centre forward an extra edge - belief they'll get a chance.

We've got no creativity and although Digne was hamstrung under Benitez - he's miles above Mykolenko for creating. Has Mykolenko even got a Premier League assist to his name yet?

Our main issue is the middle of the park. If we cant retain the ball then we cant move forwards and create chances. Too often and for too long we have been relying on a player performing a bit of magic to get us a goal. Anytime we did get into attacking positions it seemed to be 5 against 1.

Even just getting a couple of competent midfielders in could change our outlook entirely.

Our main issue is the middle of the park. If we cant retain the ball then we cant move forwards and create chances. Too often and for too long we have been relying on a player performing a bit of magic to get us a goal. Anytime we did get into attacking positions it seemed to be 5 against 1.

Even just getting a couple of competent midfielders in could change our outlook entirely.
You also can throw management in. Even under Carlo we didn't have real attacking plans just better players.

Well personally I’d call it more of an assist than passing 5 yards sideways to someone 50 yards from goal who then advances 20 yards and belts in a screamer, but clearly you’re just looking at WhoScored and what the numbers say on there so fair play. Pretty much summing up why people should just watch football with their eyes rather than looking at spreadsheets to form opinions.

Looking forward to August when we cull the plebs from here to be honest mate.

We also don't win the ball back in midfield. It concerns me that very few of the players we are linked with match up to these deficiencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.