Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, you said digne was hamstrung under benitez. But doesn't change the fact that last season, he got no more assists than Myko in the same amount of games.

Both of them played primarily in defensive set ups in backs to the wall jobs. Until we start actually playing with a more attacking game plan, I'm not judging Myko on his creativity.

It doesn't change the fact that Digne was a big player for the club for creating chances, which is why he'd top assists.

The benchmark isn't Benitez' few months at Everton is it?

In the same way the benchmark isn't a few months for Lampard.

As I said - we were BOTTOM of the league for chances created across all of last season.

A WUM tried to make out like Digne wasn't someone who created chances/claiming Mykolenko had better attacking output, tried to use stats, then cried about using stats and spreadsheets being no indication.

We need players who can create.

Digne was proven as someone who could do that.

Mykolenko, who I didn't mention, isn't.

Nice to see us bidding for KLP and now MGW.

It would have been even nicer had both of the deals been completed.

Is anyone worried the club might cash in on DCL(Newcastle) but leave it until as late as possible and counter the sale by bringing in a desperate loan on deadline day. Gives them the excuse to try and save face that we didn't have time to replace him. I just have that uneasy feeling we have gone back to the dark days when Bill was negotiating transfers. Oh yeah he still is!!

Status
Not open for further replies.