Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone worried the club might cash in on DCL(Newcastle) but leave it until as late as possible and counter the sale by bringing in a desperate loan on deadline day. Gives them the excuse to try and save face that we didn't have time to replace him. I just have that uneasy feeling we have gone back to the dark days when Bill was negotiating transfers. Oh yeah he still is!!

The latest chatter is Newcastle have moved on from DCL and their now interested in Raul de Tomas of Espanyol.

Other than Bubbles, I didnt see anybody else link us to KLP.

Are you suggesting @The Bobble wasnt right on KLP?

The evidence so far would suggest otherwise. I'd also take a stab and say that our offer for MGW is probably acceptable -- aside from the first payment tranche being low.

Looks a good player MGW...someone who runs for days (high constant pressing fits in with Lampards previous ethos) and has a bit of an X Factor around the box.

Last season we were 20/20 for chances created in the league, and 19/20 for big chances created.

In season's prior when we were competitive, Digne and Sigurdsson would top chances created, and assists.

Even Walcott would be in there.

We need to bring in players who can create. We've let too many go in Digne, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Rodriguez... even Bernard. Whatever you think to those players, the facts are they topped chances created/assists. Having those players in your team give your centre forward an extra edge - belief they'll get a chance.

We've got no creativity and although Digne was hamstrung under Benitez - he's miles above Mykolenko for creating. Has Mykolenko even got a Premier League assist to his name yet?
Did you miss his worldy at Leicester?

It doesn't change the fact that Digne was a big player for the club for creating chances, which is why he'd top assists.

The benchmark isn't Benitez' few months at Everton is it?

In the same way the benchmark isn't a few months for Lampard.

As I said - we were BOTTOM of the league for chances created across all of last season.

A WUM tried to make out like Digne wasn't someone who created chances/claiming Mykolenko had better attacking output, tried to use stats, then cried about using stats and spreadsheets being no indication.

We need players who can create.

Digne was proven as someone who could do that.

Mykolenko, who I didn't mention, isn't.
Is he a wum? Statistically, in terms of goals and assists, ignoring all the factors of benitez, lampard, styles of play, adapting to the league etc etc, myko did better Dignes output for us last season.

And that was based off your assertion that we had lost a big provider from the first half of the season in digne. But nothing he had provided had directly led to a goal for him or a team mate.

I fully get that digne was an important and big provider for us in the previous seasons, but he wasn't last season.

Either way, we need more creativity throughout the pitch, i fully agree. Hopefully Myko, working with Cole and Baines can build that to his game more. Patterson can hopefully add it on the right, but we also need a RW and a midfielder to provide It as well.

Did you miss his worldy at Leicester?

That was a goal, not an assist.

Is he a wum? Statistically, in terms of goals and assists, ignoring all the factors of benitez, lampard, styles of play, adapting to the league etc etc, myko did better Dignes output for us last season.

And that was based off your assertion that we had lost a big provider from the first half of the season in digne. But nothing he had provided had directly led to a goal for him or a team mate.

I fully get that digne was an important and big provider for us in the previous seasons, but he wasn't last season.

Either way, we need more creativity throughout the pitch, i fully agree. Hopefully Myko, working with Cole and Baines can build that to his game more. Patterson can hopefully add it on the right, but we also need a RW and a midfielder to provide It as well.

This is what I said;

We survived by the skin of our teeth.

Since then we've lost a key player who directly give us 35% of our goals/assists.

We had another big provider for the first half of last season in Digne.

We've brought in James Tarkowski.

It is concerning.

If you want to downplay Digne's significance to Everton over the years, and overplay Mykolenko - then good for you.

Digne offered more to Everton than Mykolenko going forward.

Bookmark me. - Mykolenko won't equal, or better any of Digne's full Everton seasons, for Everton next season.

Richarlison was top for us/give us 5 assists last year.

Digne got 4 at Aston Villa in 16 games last season.

Digne was massive for us at creating. With him gone, we can't expect Mykolenko to pick up that slack.

Last season we were 20/20 for chances created in the league, and 19/20 for big chances created.

In season's prior when we were competitive, Digne and Sigurdsson would top chances created, and assists.

Even Walcott would be in there.

We need to bring in players who can create. We've let too many go in Digne, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Rodriguez... even Bernard. Whatever you think to those players, the facts are they topped chances created/assists. Having those players in your team give your centre forward an extra edge - belief they'll get a chance.

We've got no creativity and although Digne was hamstrung under Benitez - he's miles above Mykolenko for creating. Has Mykolenko even got a Premier League assist to his name yet?

Be Interested in seeing the stats you're quoting there mate, especially the ones showing Walcott being highly rated on chances created

That was a goal, not an assist.

This is what I said;

If you want to downplay Digne's significance to Everton over the years, and overplay Mykolenko - then good for you.

Digne offered more to Everton than Mykolenko going forward.

Bookmark me. - Mykolenko won't equal, or better any of Digne's full Everton seasons, for Everton next season.

Richarlison was top for us/give us 5 assists last year.

Digne got 4 at Aston Villa in 16 games last season.

Digne was massive for us at creating. With him gone, we can't expect Mykolenko to pick up that slack.
This cant be right, everybody keeps telling me Digne has been awful for the last 2 years.

This cant be right, everybody keeps telling me Digne has been awful for the last 2 years.

*cough*

1657556576956.png

1657556641632.png

It doesn't change the fact that Digne was a big player for the club for creating chances, which is why he'd top assists.

The benchmark isn't Benitez' few months at Everton is it?

In the same way the benchmark isn't a few months for Lampard.

As I said - we were BOTTOM of the league for chances created across all of last season.

A WUM tried to make out like Digne wasn't someone who created chances/claiming Mykolenko had better attacking output, tried to use stats, then cried about using stats and spreadsheets being no indication.

We need players who can create.

Digne was proven as someone who could do that.

Mykolenko, who I didn't mention, isn't.
Yeah but using Mykolenkos stats here last season the only direct comparison you can make v Digne is a very easy one, Dignes time during the exact same season, which shows Digne 0 assists 0 goals. Mykolenko 1 pen won one goal.

Otherwise you're using Dignes stats with a fit DCL Rodriguez providing a kit of other threat and those balls putting Digne in great position to provide the assist, v Mykolenko last season.

Hardly a fair reflection and more than a little screwed towards proving your point isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.