Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I'd settle for fewer chances rather than shipping 5 goals a few times a season.
Christ this is going to be a long miserable season when our own fans are arguing about how many chances our full backs created. Think we have bigger issues to worry about. And why is Digne (whom I thought was cack BTW) and mikolenko being discussed in a summer transfer thread.... Come on moderator do better.

Christ this is going to be a long miserable season when our own fans are arguing about how many chances our full backs created. Think we have bigger issues to worry about. And why is Digne (whom I thought was cack BTW) and mikolenko being discussed in a summer transfer thread.... Come on moderator do better.
Probably because there’s no transfers to discuss tbh mate.

And Baines at the start was suspect defensively. Strangely as his offensive output declined his defensive output got better.
Probably because he wasn't getting forward as much so wasn't having to make up ground/getting caught out up the pitch as much. (Not a negative because his attacking play was worth more to us when we had distin and Jags as protection).

It's a forum. Where people discuss things.

Seems a bit quiet apart from some underwhelming rumours.
We’re currently a weaker squad than we were last season, if we don’t make some moves in the next few weeks we’re going to be in massive trouble.

To be fair there’s not much else to talk about with regard to summer transfers other than Tarkowski and that’s already been sufficiently discussed.

Well, it's not a direct comparison is it?

One had Benitez as manager.

The other, Lampard.

One had a manager who wouldn't let him cross the half way line. He then went to Villa, 4 assists - 1 short of our talisman in Richarlison in more than half the games.

No comparison is ever going to be a perfect science.

It seems your argument is on Mykolenko scoring 1 goal during half a season, and Digne not scoring 1 goal during half a season.

The point is a simple one.

Digne created more for Everton than Mykolenko will.

In his last full season at Everton, Digne was 3rd for chances created out of all defenders in the entire league. He was 1st for a few seasons on the bounce for creating chances at Everton.

Mykolenko isn't going to replace that, and we've signed nobody else who will either.

Until we bring in players who can create chances, we're going to really struggle.

No arguments that Digne currently is gonna create more thsn Mykolenko, I'd also argue I feel Mykolenko is already better defensively than Digne is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.