Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a goal, not an assist.

This is what I said;

If you want to downplay Digne's significance to Everton over the years, and overplay Mykolenko - then good for you.

Digne offered more to Everton than Mykolenko going forward.

Bookmark me. - Mykolenko won't equal, or better any of Digne's full Everton seasons, for Everton next season.

Richarlison was top for us/give us 5 assists last year.

Digne got 4 at Aston Villa in 16 games last season.

Digne was massive for us at creating. With him gone, we can't expect Mykolenko to pick up that slack.
I can’t believe anyone’s trying to argue with you here. Digne offered far more creative output in the attacking third, compared to most fullbacks, let alone Mykolenko! Incredible!!

That was a goal, not an assist.

This is what I said;

If you want to downplay Digne's significance to Everton over the years, and overplay Mykolenko - then good for you.

Digne offered more to Everton than Mykolenko going forward.

Bookmark me. - Mykolenko won't equal, or better any of Digne's full Everton seasons, for Everton next season.

Richarlison was top for us/give us 5 assists last year.

Digne got 4 at Aston Villa in 16 games last season.

Digne was massive for us at creating. With him gone, we can't expect Mykolenko to pick up that slack.
We’ll have to agree to disagree. For me, Digne was generally awful last season before being sold. Now whether that was the fault of FSW‘s tactics, I couldn’t say.

We also don't win the ball back in midfield. It concerns me that very few of the players we are linked with match up to these deficiencies.
Yup, again, 2 competent mids can sort that. I keep seeing that we need a defensive mid, a creator etc, we just need a couple of players who can play a bit of football in a normal manner!

I think in terms of FBs creating chances Patterson might help out there, that's something that will have changed from last season.

The downside of that - as I'm blue in the face stressing - is that you trade that off with defensive frailty.

I’m happy with that trade off. Last season we had two right backs who could neither defend or attack.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. For me, Digne was generally awful last season before being sold. Now whether that was the fault of FSW‘s tactics, I couldn’t say.
For me a LB should be able to defend and anything else is a bonus. With Digne his defending isn't the best but then he stops creating chances...

For me a LB should be able to defend and anything else is a bonus. With Digne his defending isn't the best but then he stops creating chances...
This. The obsession of some on here with full backs attacking potential is weird. If you don’t concede, you cannot lose. All great teams are built on solid defence. (Apart from Brazil 1970, obviously)

This. The obsession of some on here with full backs attacking potential is weird. If you don’t concede, you cannot lose. All great teams are built on solid defence. (Apart from Brazil 1970, obviously)
They are but that defensive stability doesn't tend to come from the full backs these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.