2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we sacked Koeman cause he was crap, we sacked Silva after 18 months because he would have taken us down. Ancelotti walked of hos own accord. Allardyce, like Benitez, should never have been appointed.

This 'we always sack managers' thing isn't really black and white. Every manager that was sacked deserved to be sacked, and Benitez right now deserves to be sacked.

So they should go and get a manager who won't deserve to be sacked. It's not that hard, though I agree these clowns make it hard.

The next manager will be "crap" and/or "about to take us down" too. They just will be.

I think this all comes down to people having weird expectations. This was me, 9 August 2021.

I think there's an outside chance we'll be sailing close to the wind with relegation spots this season by Christmas. I don't think we'll go down like.

Me vs. Burnley, 13 September 2021:
Vital we win today, can't help but still feel it could be a relegation six pointer come the season end.

I don't think we'll go down, but if we don't pick up points early we have a rough November fixture list and a bunch of mental midgets in the squad, combined with a section of our fan base itching to go nuclear, so I can see things going south in a hurry.

So I think it's vital we pick up points now when we can.

Why do you think I predicted all this? It's because if you're paying attention it's not hard to do so. It's not because we have a bad manager. It's not because the tactics are wrong. It really is - almost completely - because we have an absolutely dreadful squad. It's not unique to Benitez; Ancelotti had this bench in a 0-0 draw to Brighton.

1638408337480.png

We're just [Poor language removed]. Why is it so hard to accept that?

you'd better hope nobody is listening to the loons in here. Cos if he goes, we go down. And we don't come back up again.
Unless of course you're looking forward to a new league, and different surrounds.

The way things are going were rudderless, spineless and clueless.

Its a huge swing from the manager change.

Why are people still against replacing him. How on earth does anyone still think hes the right choice.

I'm genuinely lost for words

Favre , rudi garcia, lampard , valverde, fonseca all currently out of work.
There holograms would be a better fit for most more

Theres a huge number of managers we could appoint.

Immediately we have the lower/smaller teams in the premier league*, then we have the championship

Beyond that around 90% of the managers in Germany, France, Italy, Portugal, Holland and Spain would be open to discussions...

...South America has some tremendous managers.

*im sick of us hiring managers who have failed in the premier league OR who have premier league experience.

None of the top clubs appoint those types of managers.

The next manager will be "crap" and/or "about to take us down" too. They just will be.

I think this all comes down to people having weird expectations. This was me, 9 August 2021.

Me vs. Burnley, 13 September 2021:

Why do you think I predicted all this? It's because if you're paying attention it's not hard to do so. It's not because we have a bad manager. It's not because the tactics are wrong. It really is - almost completely - because we have an absolutely dreadful squad. It's not unique to Benitez; Ancelotti had this bench in a 0-0 draw to Brighton.

View attachment 147373

We're just [Poor language removed]. Why is it so hard to accept that?
It's both though and if the players you have are bad you have to adapt your tactics, Carlo knew that. Benitez will never. We will go down with him in charge.

It's both though and if the players you have are bad you have to adapt your tactics, Carlo knew that. Benitez will never. We will go down with him in charge.

Right, so I've predicted basicallly the entirety of the season so far.

If Benitez stays, we'll stay up and finish around 13th/14th on a lower points total to last season but still comfortable.

If that happens, come back to me and acknowledge it. Bookmark this. If he's sacked deservedly by being under 20 points come January, then it's irrelevant, but in that case I'll make another prediction you can bookmark - the new manager thread in December 2022 will be full of people screaming for his head because we're in an almost identical position.

Pickford is just an average keeper whose positioning and decision making is questionable more often than not.

Coleman is like that grandad at the party who thinks he can still get down with the boys and breaks his hip whilst doing a breakdancing move. The guy is slow, old and has the reaction speed of sloth and should have been benched 3 years ago.

Digne has been missing for 18 months I’m suprised his face hasn’t been put on milk cartons yet.

Keane turns like a tank. He is literally the Austin powers meme of that car stuck between the wall. His positional awareness when defending crosses and corners is abysmal.

Godfrey is literally just a pace merchant. As a ball playing defender he is poor. I’m willing to give him a bit more time because he is surrounded by clowns and as a result of this he’s probably slowly morphing into one.

Allan literally can’t pass when he is being pressed. I’ve never seen a midfielder struggle so badly against a press and fail to pass it out to a teammate in my life. He literally just kicks the ball straight back to the opponent.
They all played a lot of games last season when we accrued 59 points, finished 10th and at no point looked like troubling the bottom quarter of the table. What is different, I wonder?

Personally I think there are 4 key points.

1. We need a plan.

2. We need a plan

3. We need a plan

4. We need a plan.

Arguing about Benitez, Ancelotti, Silva or Koeman is missing the point and wasting energy. Slaughtering the players is wasting energy. Until we look at the bigger picture and start planning and create a sustainable way forward then everything else is just white noise.
5. A cunning plan

@Zatara who would you want us to get realistically?

Problem is the buyout fees...

Ruben Amorim (Sporting Lisbon)
Erik Ten Hag (Ajax)
Marcelo Gallardo (Boca)

Luis Enrique would be the dark horse.

Three would cost big money...Gallardo the highest risk but i think his contract expires end of Dec so no fee.

Problem is the buyout fees...

Ruben Amorim (Sporting Lisbon)
Erik Ten Hag (Ajax)
Marcelo Gallardo (Boca)

Luis Enrique would be the dark horse.

Three would cost big money...Gallardo the highest risk but i think his contract expires end of Dec so no fee.

Gallardo is at River and he is indeed a great coach

Status
Not open for further replies.