2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re just being obtuse now.

Ancelotti’s set piece defence was putting all his biggest players on the pitch at once.

These players aren’t even available to Benitez and even if they were, we were hampered in open play under Ancelotti when we played that line up. We were literally nicking a goal then being dominated by the opposition as we sat in for 90 minutes. People on here hated it but hey we had a good set piece defence because we had a massive team.

Benitez is trying to coach a set piece defence that is commonly used across Europe, it’s not difficult, there’s no rocket science to it, and the players can’t concentrate enough to do it.

SO DON’T KEEP DOING IT. Talk about something not being rocket science.

He's getting the next few games. I dont think there's any doubt about that now. That's because these players, as limited as they are, are obvioulsy still playing for him.

This can be turned, and I think the owner is going to give the manager every chance to do it.

That derby was always going to be the nadir of the season. It's out the way now and we can turn to Arsenal and get a result and it's a springboard.
The owner has given him nothing.

I do think you are right, he will get more time.

Not so sure about getting a result against Arsenal (or anybody really right now).

We can make excuses all day and yes we have had bad injuries and the squad is badly assembled. But as manager he still isn't getting the best out of it.. Because his tactics are old fashioned they are not effective going forward and wide open at the back. Add that to the fact that most of the fanbase never wanted him and you have a club at civil war and spiralling downwards. Change needed. Moshiri really proves he knows nothing about football yet again.

We can make excuses all day and yes we have had bad injuries and the squad is badly assembled. But as manager he still isn't getting the best out of it.. Because his tactics are old fashioned they are not effective going forward and wide open at the back. Add that to the fact that most of the fanbase never wanted him and yo have a club at war and spiralling downwards. Change needed
Someone put it perfectly the other day. Dealt a bad hand, played it even worse.

Personally I think there are 4 key points.

1. We need a plan.

2. We need a plan

3. We need a plan

4. We need a plan.

Arguing about Benitez, Ancelotti, Silva or Koeman is missing the point and wasting energy. Slaughtering the players is wasting energy. Until we look at the bigger picture and start planning and create a sustainable way forward then everything else is just white noise.

Have I just seen a post saying Sigurdsson is a miss because he helped us defend set-pieces????

Or did i misundersand?

Sigurdsson might be a miss and it's not on Benitez obviously but I don't think he'd solve our issues...
Yeah he really isn't.

He sums up our issues really, 45m, rubbish team playing rubbish football and we still dont miss him really. Same with Tosun, Gbamin, Gomes etc. 100m there most of it utterly worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.