2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was clear to everyone last season we couldn't play with two men in midfield yet here we are every week.

thing is last season it was only done out of necessity and it didn't happen that much. CA's 4-2-3-1 was actually a 4-2-3-1 when he did play it, even if it was crap. But I saw us go to Wolves playing 4-4-2 with James and Sigurdsson up top and both of those players tracked back into midfield and we got a 2-1 win, but it congested the pitch and he got the wingers to tuck in so it all was solid.

And that's not saying it was great by any means, a lot of it was crap, really crap last season.

Benitez's system is just totally, totally wrong though.

Exactly and then we can have a honeymoon period and do the same to the next incumbent.

we sacked Koeman cause he was crap, we sacked Silva after 18 months because he would have taken us down. Ancelotti walked of hos own accord. Allardyce, like Benitez, should never have been appointed.

This 'we always sack managers' thing isn't really black and white. Every manager that was sacked deserved to be sacked, and Benitez right now deserves to be sacked.

So they should go and get a manager who won't deserve to be sacked. It's not that hard, though I agree these clowns make it hard.

Pickford is just an average keeper whose positioning and decision making is questionable more often than not.

Coleman is like that grandad at the party who thinks he can still get down with the boys and breaks his hip whilst doing a breakdancing move. The guy is slow, old and has the reaction speed of sloth and should have been benched 3 years ago.

Digne has been missing for 18 months I’m suprised his face hasn’t been put on milk cartons yet.

Keane turns like a tank. He is literally the Austin powers meme of that car stuck between the wall. His positional awareness when defending crosses and corners is abysmal.

Godfrey is literally just a pace merchant. As a ball playing defender he is poor. I’m willing to give him a bit more time because he is surrounded by clowns and as a result of this he’s probably slowly morphing into one.

Allan literally can’t pass when he is being pressed. I’ve never seen a midfielder struggle so badly against a press and fail to pass it out to a teammate in my life. He literally just kicks the ball straight back to the opponent.

Keep saying it, you can't blame him for the shocking squad he's got from brands and the rest of the charlatans who hired him. The RB situation alone and still having to play Coleman every game is a stackable offence in itself, and the squad is full of no mark cowards in most key positions.

You can blame Benitez for terrible tactics and awful substitutions, which we saw again tonight.

His continual 4-4-1-1 is killing us - Allan and the Duke are all over the shop, and it was simply too easy for Liverpool to play through us all match. All teams find it too easy to play through us. DCL coming back in doesn't fix that.

His use of the bench at Brentford and tonight was abysmal as well - I left when he brought Delph on.

The agent Rafael stuff and the Rafael's at the wheel chants were expected but still depressing, he had to beat Liverpool to stop that but all blues must now agree that Moshiri shouldn't have gone anywhere near Benitez, and the chickens are coming home to roost.

Unless he changes the tactcial shape and system, I don't see where we are picking points up - I just pray there are three worse teams than us this season.

thing is last season it was only done out of necessity and it didn't happen that much. CA's 4-2-3-1 was actually a 4-2-3-1 when he did play it, even if it was crap. But I saw us go to Wolves playing 4-4-2 with James and Sigurdsson up top and both of those players tracked back into midfield and we got a 2-1 win, but it congested the pitch and he got the wingers to tuck in so it all was solid.

And that's not saying it was great by any means, a lot of it was crap, really crap last season.

Benitez's system is just totally, totally wrong though.
We looked more compact we got back as you say even if we might have been 4231 with the ball without it everyone bar the Forward got back and clogged up the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.