2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spend what . Monopoly money?

I think try and move Tom Davies on for whatever we can get, hopefully that'll clean the books a bit as a pure profit academy product and we can bring in at least one.

If City revive the Kane bid I think there's a big chance Calvert-Lewin could go Spurs, and at this point we can neither deny him the move on merit or turn away a bid of £50m+ because of the state we're in. But if we did that... oof, huge gamble.

Anyway, I think we'll bring one or two in in January, just because we'll pretty much have to looking at how it's going, and there's every chance we need give money to the next temporary 6 to 12 month manager we get.

Consider this. Even Unifed’s players (who most United fans don’t rate) under Solskjaer who we all would probably recognise as not a top tier coach, improved season on season for two and a half years until the start of this season.

Since Moshiri took over, Everton players haven’t improved, or even maintained, form for longer than 12 months under any manager.

Now are Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, Ancelotti Benitez all wrong? Some of them were bad appointments, Koeman certainly I don’t rate as a manager but the rest I believe to be competent managers with Ancelotti being an exceptional manager. Why can’t any of them get a group of players to maintain form for longer than a season?

My answer to this is too many of the same rotten cowards going from squad to squad undermininf confidence with their stupid errors week after week until eventually a team that should be kicking on under a manager is considering firing them and it’s back to square one.

Oh, I dont know...let me see...the fact he's been handed £1.7M to spend on a basket case team...and...erm...the fact the whole of the autumn and early winter has been wrecked by injuries.

You hate Benitez. I get it. But dont talk 'kin tripe.
Do you honestly think we are playing well? We had two players out injured tonight, two. How bad do we have to get before you start looking at the man who is in charge of how we play?

Consider this. Even Unifed’s players (who most United fans don’t rate) under Solskjaer who we all would probably recognise as not a top tier coach, improved season on season for two and a half years until the start of this season.

Since Moshiri took over, Everton players haven’t improved, or even maintained, form for longer than 12 months under any manager.

Now are Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, Ancelotti Benitez all wrong? Some of them were bad appointments, Koeman certainly I don’t rate as a manager but the rest I believe to be competent managers with Ancelotti being an exceptional manager. Why can’t any of them get a group of players to maintain form for longer than a season?

My answer to this is too many of the same rotten cowards going from squad to squad undermininf confidence with their stupid errors week after week until eventually a team that should be kicking on under a manager is considering firing them and it’s back to square one.

No one is suggesting our squad are world beaters but you can set them up to do the basics. Case in point our set piece defending from last season to this season: the players are average but were good at it once, crap at it now = coaching.

We had two first team players out tonight. Two.
we are playing a lad who is patently unfit at centre back alongside another chap whose confidence is v low. Mina will make all the difference to that defence. We all know this, just as we know how DCL alters our attack. We've also only just welcomed back Gray and Doug.

Status
Not open for further replies.