Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tired, can someone tell me if, say we're 19th in December and we just decide to throw, I dunno, £200m at the wall to keep us up and ignore FFP, what would the consequences be? Has there been a precedent in the Prem?

I'm tired, can someone tell me if, say we're 19th in December and we just decide to throw, I dunno, £200m at the wall to keep us up and ignore FFP, what would the consequences be? Has there been a precedent in the Prem?
FFP would only see us falling foul of UEFA’s rules, so if we were 19th any sanctions that would affect European competitions wouldn’t affect us.

It’s the PL profit and sustainability rules we need to be careful of and are currently sailing close to breaching. No team has broke these yet that im aware of.

But can pretty much guarantee if we were the first to do it they would completely throw the book at us. Likely points deductions, fines and a transfer ban imho.

If it was one of the PL’s cash cows however, would likely be a fine and a slap on the wrist.

12 point deduction is what’s meant to happen unless it’s been changed since.

europe would be limited squads, fines and potential transfer ban but we’d be nowhere near that anyway if we was 19th in December.

also I do realise we’re Everton so the rules would probably change and we’d be demoted to the conference.

europe would be limited squads, fines and potential transfer ban but we’d be nowhere near that anyway if we was 19th in December.

also I do realise we’re Everton so the rules would probably change and we’d be demoted to the conference.

For previous season or next you reckon?

I think there's an outside chance we'll be sailing close to the wind with relegation spots this season by Christmas. I don't think we'll go down like.

FFP is a complete farce. "Elite" clubs can pump money into cover covid losses (ie oil rich) like it didn't happen and spend money cos last year's accounts aren't registered for FFP (see Chelsea and City spending £100mill+ on the back of £100mill losses)

We'd even attempt to do anything like that, they'll come down on us like a ton of bricks.

so for trying to destroy football as we know it, it's a £3m fine, for breaking ffp it's a 12 points deduction, limited squad for Europe and potential transfer ban....Yes that sounds about right and incredibly fair. :coffee:

James is currently negotiating his new contract on Twitch, no wonder we can't afford him with that weekly wage demand.

1628539028207.png

Sell Iwobi, some people keep banging on about his stats, but the only stats that matter are two goals and two assists in two seasons. Oh and he runs like he is carrying a piano on his back.

£3 million "fine" for the "super six",I dread to think the implications if we break their precious FFP rules, football is done.

Why is that tho? I’m not having a go or anything , my initial gut instinct was FFP is another narrative to defend the neglect and incompetence at Everton. “Yeah but FFP” “Yeah but (insert another excuse here” sort of situation.

Admittedly I’m not clued up on all this and I should , the way things are going I’ve lost interest a bit in the goings on. Reading things like it’s alright for certain clubs but not for us, that doesn’t seem right to me.

It is horrifying to look back at the first 10-20 pages of this thread when people were talking about names like Donarumma, Bailey, and the like, and now its all Longstaff and McNeil..... FFC we are going down.
Feels gloomy

But I try to remember that this exact squad with no additions finished just short of Europe

Sell Iwobi, some people keep banging on about his stats, but the only stats that matter are two goals and two assists in two seasons. Oh and he runs like he is carrying a piano on his back.
Now I question this.

He actually runs like he’s holding something really hot that’s just come out of the oven..

Once you see this, i promise you, you will always think the same.

For previous season or next you reckon?

I think there's an outside chance we'll be sailing close to the wind with relegation spots this season by Christmas. I don't think we'll go down like.
Would imagine in that season mate as if we got relegated anyway the premier league would struggle to enforce a point deduction in the football leagues. That said I would be gobsmacked to see any team fight it in the courts of arbitration and lose, financial fair play although in ways is needed to stop teams going broke it’s in reality a select few clubs with far higher turnover and spending power that comes with it. Easy for teams to prove that unless all teams have the same max spending power and wage structure that it would be an unfair advantage and creates a cartel of select clubs that will continue winning and no one else getting near them.

Status
Not open for further replies.