Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are selling Kean and Ricarlison and that's all right now?

Well, at least we still have Sigurdsson and Iwobi.

I dont think people will be happy if we sell them and then dont sign anyone, but I think most people are realistic to know that if a player wants to leave the best thing you can do is sell them for a good price and bring in players who want to be at the club. If we sell those 2 hopefully it will give us the money to bring in 3-4 players and strengthen the team overall.

Ive made the same argument many times in the past about the wages / FFP / shifting players etc

The fact is though that an owner who claims to want the club to operate towards the top of the league and challenge has spent £55mil net a season.

The transfer record is around £44mil for Sigurdsson.

If you simply compare the Everton transfer record with competitors + even compare the number of players we sign over £30mil to our competitors then you'll find a massive disparity.

My guess would be that numbers wise we should be around 7th but even then teams like Villa are catching up.

Whats more frustrating than losing Ancelotti and bringing in Benitez is having the same group of players and no ambition to greatly recycle the squad.

How underwhelming.

Athletic, quick, ball playing defender

VS

An oaf

Arsenal seems almost done

Who would you ask for in a straight swap?

i noticed you mentioned a couple of young spanish u21 players.

That would make alot of sense with Benitez being manager...also their values /salaries would be relatively small so we may be able to bring a few of them in.

As many others have posted, Mina only has 2 years left (and picks up small injuries) and Keane is an oaf.

In theory if we go with 4 at the back we could move one of those players on and Branthwaite could step up -- if 5 at the back its only just enough.

If we want to get the best from Godfrey then i dont think sitting very deep (which we must do with Keane) makes any sense at all.

If Benitez has anything about him (and he seems to go on about 'balance') then he wont anchor our defence by going with Keane.

I mentioned a couple of as you say Spain under 21's who have probably not earned big money. I am working to the premise Benitez and Brands know of them and feel they could do a decent job.

I also think that Kubo they loaned out could be an interesting acquisition for us. 2 or 3 of them to help with the fee would make some sense to me, and they all feel quite attainable.It also helps a fair bit with FFP if you can structure a deal like that. As a left field selection I'd love that Rodrygo on loan for a year, I don't think they would sell him to us or he would come, but maybe for a year he could be a useful addition.

It's just dawned on me (probably because of the delayed Euros) that this upcoming season we be played in a World Cup year. Hopefully we're savvy in the market and look to players desperate to represent their respective countries in Qatar.

3rd, only beaten by the 2 Manchester Clubs.

Stop crying about 55million a season, its exceptional for Premier League teams.

View attachment 132706

Its embarrassing the way you keep spouting this 55million a season like its chicken feed.

If you go to Transfermarkt we are 5th. I appreciate it's not chicken feed, and we should have spent better/more astutely, however it is a long long way from what Chelsea/City did when 1st taken over. They were both 1st, but also 1st by over twice the distance to the nearest competitors. On the list above it would be that we likely spent 250m a season for 5 years, as opposed to 55m per season for 5 seasons. There is a qualitative difference.

And we have spent the money in a similar way to what they did, but just a lot less of it, and as a fanbase we seem to have the expectation we could/should have emulated what they did, when really it was an apples and pears comparison.

Realistically, we should have gone from 11th to the top 6 in that time. Maybe the top 4. Had we have spent with more of a long term view, in a more "Moyes" type way we may well have improved the asset sheet and be able to spend bigger and bigger as players move on.

We will not be able to bully our way to the top though on 50m a year. There are already 2/3/4 teams who spend more than that every year and 6 who have a much higher wage bill on top. I do worry we are going to keep banging our head against a wall if we try.

It's just dawned on me (probably because of the delayed Euros) that this upcoming season we be played in a World Cup year. Hopefully we're savvy in the market and look to players desperate to represent their respective countries in Qatar.

Thinking we're going the other way and continuing buying awfully so our players are fit after an extended break over Winter in 2022/2023

The media are absolute weirdos, apparently Benitez needs someone to play along side Keane in defence, he doesn't trust Mina and Godfrey and Holgate are too young. Godfrey is too young our best player last season is now too young..

If you go to Transfermarkt we are 5th. I appreciate it's not chicken feed, and we should have spent better/more astutely, however it is a long long way from what Chelsea/City did when 1st taken over. They were both 1st, but also 1st by over twice the distance to the nearest competitors. On the list above it would be that we likely spent 250m a season for 5 years, as opposed to 55m per season for 5 seasons. There is a qualitative difference.

And we have spent the money in a similar way to what they did, but just a lot less of it, and as a fanbase we seem to have the expectation we could/should have emulated what they did, when really it was an apples and pears comparison.

Realistically, we should have gone from 11th to the top 6 in that time. Maybe the top 4. Had we have spent with more of a long term view, in a more "Moyes" type way we may well have improved the asset sheet and be able to spend bigger and bigger as players move on.

We will not be able to bully our way to the top though on 50m a year. There are already 2/3/4 teams who spend more than that every year and 6 who have a much higher wage bill on top. I do worry we are going to keep banging our head against a wall if we try.
City and Chelsea became far richer than everyone else overnight and spent those amounts buying up world class talent (or so they thought, some duds in there obvs).

When we came into a few bob all it served to do was catch us up in spending power to a few of the teams previously above us, still well short of the big boys. If we don’t have a clear spending advantage, the super expensive (and so you assume world class) players won’t come to us because they can get the same or more elsewhere with a realistic expectation of honours in the short term.

All we have to offer is “the project” which thus far has seen us assemble a poor squad, see off a load of managers and limp to a lacklustre finish the first time we thought we had a suitable manager and the beginnings of a squad rebuild in place.

We COULD spend £80m on a £40m player just to appease a few in here but we all know how that plays out in the long term.

The media are absolute weirdos, apparently Benitez needs someone to play along side Keane in defence, he doesn't trust Mina and Godfrey and Holgate are too young. Godfrey is too young our best player last season is now too young..
Think we can file this as absolute nonsense. No way Benitez comes in having worked with Paul Dummett and Federico Fernandez and decides that Godfrey, Keane and Mina aren't good enough.

If we could sign Lenglet for the price we sold Holgate for I'm all in

Status
Not open for further replies.