Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Holgate will be gone myself, was favoured by many because he pushed Firmino into the crowd, but hasn’t progressed in my opinion, ideal for newly promoted teams
I think the opposite.
He has the potential to be really good but seems to totally lose concentration, he is dealing with a different type of manager now who will not tolerate sloppiness. I think it may be the making of him.

Holgate seems to have been one of the few players that got worse the longer CA stayed around.

Ive made the same argument many times in the past about the wages / FFP / shifting players etc

The fact is though that an owner who claims to want the club to operate towards the top of the league and challenge has spent £55mil net a season.

The transfer record is around £44mil for Sigurdsson.

If you simply compare the Everton transfer record with competitors + even compare the number of players we sign over £30mil to our competitors then you'll find a massive disparity.

My guess would be that numbers wise we should be around 7th but even then teams like Villa are catching up.

Whats more frustrating than losing Ancelotti and bringing in Benitez is having the same group of players and no ambition to greatly recycle the squad.

How underwhelming.

Athletic, quick, ball playing defender

VS

An oaf

Arsenal seems almost done

Who would you ask for in a straight swap?

i noticed you mentioned a couple of young spanish u21 players.

That would make alot of sense with Benitez being manager...also their values /salaries would be relatively small so we may be able to bring a few of them in.

As many others have posted, Mina only has 2 years left (and picks up small injuries) and Keane is an oaf.

In theory if we go with 4 at the back we could move one of those players on and Branthwaite could step up -- if 5 at the back its only just enough.

If we want to get the best from Godfrey then i dont think sitting very deep (which we must do with Keane) makes any sense at all.

If Benitez has anything about him (and he seems to go on about 'balance') then he wont anchor our defence by going with Keane.
3rd, only beaten by the 2 Manchester Clubs.

Stop crying about 55million a season, its exceptional for Premier League teams.

nit.jpg

Its embarrassing the way you keep spouting this 55million a season like its chicken feed.

3rd, only beaten by the 2 Manchester Clubs.

Stop crying about 55million a season, its exceptional for Premier League teams.

View attachment 132706

Its embarrassing the way you keep spouting this 55million a season like its chicken feed.

Using that table for netspend, how many decades would it take Everton to reach any of the top 4 in terms of squad value?

We both know you suffer from a lack of intelligence but its not hard to understand that a club--

'Wanting to be competing at the top of the league and not be seen as a museum'

--Needs to spend a far larger amount than its far superior competitors to catch up to them.

Not sure why i clicked to read ignored messages...theres a reason to block stupidity.

Big Benitez, Delph and Gomes fan talking total nonsense shocker.

He is expecting us to go out and spend £80m on Jude Bellingham.

Expectation which is comparable to the words of the owner...

Sigurdsson is the record incoming transfer at £42mil ish...how does signing one player far cheaper than the top 4 regularly bring in equate to Moshiri's claims.

Newsflash...it doesnt and we really havent spent money.

To counter your point, only an utter dimwit would take my posts to mean that I expect Everton to sign Bellingham for £80mil.

Why would an owner who talks big but never delivers make a progressive signing?

Clue = He wont.

I think the opposite.
He has the potential to be really good but seems to totally lose concentration, he is dealing with a different type of manager now who will not tolerate sloppiness. I think it may be the making of him.

Holgate seems to have been one of the few players that got worse the longer CA stayed around.
Had a very good second half of the season when Ancelotti came in and it looked like he’d be one of first picked centre backs for the start of last season, preseason he was sloppy and then got injured and he never got his form back.

As you say hopefully it’s the making of him, there’s definitely a player there and he’s still young for a cb, just hope we don’t rush into getting rid of him too soon.

those two examples are actually very good from a FFP stand point tho . Signed for 7 and 10m each .. had a couple of years here as their book value decreased and then sold for profit . It’s the klassens of this world that are ruining us in FFP

I meant more that there were the only two decent examples really. Apart from that we’ve made heavy losses on most players.

Not that I want us to sell anyone, but we just aren’t very good at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.