Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I´ve no idea what the club think of any of them but plenty of really good young talent on the fringes at madrid that wont be on ridiculous wages, Reinier, Jovic, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Antonio Blanco, Kubo, Odegaard (maybe pushing it there)... even Mariano is only 26.

What an embarassment this window is turning out to be

A kopite at the helm

Brands still involved

Moshiri acting as chief scout as usual

Richy and James out the door

Kean coming back in no doubt ultra disruptive mode, unless he gets his desired loan back to PSG.
As i read that, in my mind it was being said by Marvin the paranoid android!

I'm surprised you're falling for the old 'net spend' call here. A bit simplistic to say simply that £55m per year is mid-table ambition. We have for several seasons been tied into far too many average players on weighty contracts signed by our past idiot management. The wage bill we have had to cover on players we will not use has been immense, and for that reason they have also been unsellable, so we have to wait patiently for their ridiculously long contracts to expire. Do you really not see why this has prevented a greater 'net spend'?

I'm talking way before Siggy, Gomez, Iwobi et al...

Who signed those 3...

I´ve no idea what the club think of any of them but plenty of really good young talent on the fringes at madrid that wont be on ridiculous wages, Reinier, Jovic, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Antonio Blanco, Kubo, Odegaard (maybe pushing it there)... even Mariano is only 26.
Dont know how it works but doesnt inflating player valuations in player swaps help with ffp eg. Cillessen /Neto - barca/valencia deals. If we let Richardson go would love to see us work a deal that would see us come out best including Jovic, Valverde, Rodrygo coming our way. Gets wages off books for real and stops us wasting money again that a sale would bring in.

Dont know how it works but doesnt inflating player valuations in player swaps help with ffp eg. Cillessen /Neto - barca/valencia deals. If we let Richardson go would love to see us work a deal that would see us come out best including Jovic, Valverde, Rodrygo coming our way. Gets wages off books for real and stops us wasting money again that a sale would bring in.
Yeah, short term it works. Long term not so much.

For example, in the case above, Barcelona bought Cilesson for 10M, 5 year contract... that shows on the accounts as 2M per year. Same with Neto at Valencia.
Then after two years of that contract they transfer both players to the other team for 40M. The amortisation on both players is 6M (10M-2M-2M for both season), so both clubs book a profit that year of 34M.

However, as Barcelona are finding out with Pjanic after the swap with Arthur, this is a short term solution. They are one year into a 4 year deal worth 60M, so they are booking 15M onto the accounts every year. If they let him go for free (which is possible given his wages), they would book a loss of 45M this year (60-15).

So it really only is a short term fix, and it is just as likely to give you headaches down the road...

(edit- the figures are a bit crude here... I cant remember what any of them are but you get the picture)

Nothing happening then? There's not even any rumours (except on tribal football and sport witness but you might as well get your news from a psychic octopus predicting the footie results).
It is all rather quiet. Maybe things will pick up once the Euros are finished and I mean in general across all clubs which will get the market moving

It is all rather quiet. Maybe things will pick up once the Euros are finished and I mean in general across all clubs which will get the market moving
I dunno, other clubs are doing business, not loads tbf. I can only see the Euros and Copa affecting our outgoings but that may be affecting our incomings, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.