Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wonder if a loan of one of their 2 top Brazilian talents and maybe 1-2 of their squad players with a fee involved could be done. Maybe players like Blanco, Arribas, Kubo, Fran Garcia or even Reinier.

A mixture of a couple of those players and one of the Brazilians on loan and potentially 20-40 million might work. It's the sort of deal that would work very well for FFP as well.
I would've loved Brahim Diaz, a player at the centre of a Madrid-City tug of war won't have gone bad over night. Still think Jovic will be offered and Kubo but would rather we get money straight up than either of those. Madrids stocks are essentially dry that's why they're after Richarlison in the first place. They have next to nothing of value worth taking back

I have no doubt CA would love Richarlison at Real...... and that Richarlison would love to join him there.

Can Real afford him given their current financial state is the only question to be answered ?

Will Everton sell him ? we all know that when a player wants a transfer of this size it usually happens sooner or later and I can only imagine Real did promise some funds to CA on his appointment.
The sale of Varane if it happens might fund such a purchase. We must remember Richarlison started this talk of leaving twelve months ago so it is hardly surprising it is starting up again.

I hope he stays but would not be confident. If he does go then as others have suggested 80m to 90m is the price.

I think he can be replaced by better tbh if we can manage to get 80-90 million for him

I have no doubt CA would love Richarlison at Real...... and that Richarlison would love to join him there.

Can Real afford him given their current financial state is the only question to be answered ?

Will Everton sell him ? we all know that when a player wants a transfer of this size it usually happens sooner or later and I can only imagine Real did promise some funds to CA on his appointment.
The sale of Varane if it happens might fund such a purchase. We must remember Richarlison started this talk of leaving twelve months ago so it is hardly surprising it is starting up again.

I hope he stays but would not be confident. If he does go then as others have suggested 80m to 90m is the price.

I've put an idea that maybe some players might be able to be exchanged (and this would be very favourable for FFP on both sides). RM have a number of players in or around their squad who are 20-22 that Benitez may be aware of who can "do a job" here. You only need to see how well Odegaard did to see that there may be some options. I have suggested Blanco and Fran Garcia who are both in the Spain under 21 squad. I wonder if something like that might be able to be done, maybe with one of their loanees like Kubo as well and a bit of cash on top?

I would've loved Brahim Diaz, a player at the centre of a Madrid-City tug of war won't have gone bad over night. Still think Jovic will be offered and Kubo but would rather we get money straight up than either of those. Madrids stocks are essentially dry that's why they're after Richarlison in the first place. They have next to nothing of value worth taking back

Diaz would be a really interesting option as well. I agree with Jovic too. If there was a world where you could get Jovic and one of Kubo/Diaz + a bit of cash (or Rodrygo maybe on loan) it would be worth considering for me.

I don't know if £55m p/y is high or low on it's own just that's it's 3rd in the league so it's not like Moshiri isn't giving us money to compete we've just spent it badly for the most part.

So is that 55 p/y measured on a net basis?

We have spent pretty badly. Awfully under Walsh and actually deceptively poorly under Brands. One thing I will say though, is the values spent are just nowhere near enough to probably undertake the sort of change people might have expected (including Moshiri).

It’s not just about net spend - that doesn’t take into account the value of the players you are starting with, or the fact that Liverpool (for example) can buy better players with £50 million than we can.

To consistently break into the top 4 from outside it, takes a brilliant strategy or an enormous amount of money. We have neither.

So is that 55 p/y measured on a net basis?

We have spent pretty badly. Awfully under Walsh and actually deceptively poorly under Brands. One thing I will say though, is the values spent are just nowhere near enough to probably undertake the sort of change people might have expected (including Moshiri).

Not sure it's just taken off that website. Zat used it as an indicator he hasn't backed us to compete but we're spending more per season than 17 other teams so he is to me.

not this again. he spent big early doors - 150m in one season in fact - but very little since.

It doesnt exactly flatter him that Liverpool have spent less in that time either.
1625665248060.png

The old net spend nonsense I think this was invented by Kopites, they forget the £160m extra they spend on wages each year? what's that over 5 years about £800m more than us?

Not sure it's just taken off that website. Zat used it as an indicator he hasn't backed us to compete but we're spending more per season than 17 other teams so he is to me.
Zat is actually right, because the figures in that website are inflated due to spending in the early years of Mosh.

Diaz would be a really interesting option as well. I agree with Jovic too. If there was a world where you could get Jovic and one of Kubo/Diaz + a bit of cash (or Rodrygo maybe on loan) it would be worth considering for me.
For me I'd probably do that deal in a heartbeat if Jovic +Kubo/Diaz are permanent and we get say 15/20 million. If they're loans it'd need to be an awful lot more money. Both players involved stock has gone down since joining Real but still have time on their side.

It depends what Rafael the gaffers plans are as well as its harder to take Jovics wages on if he's potentially on the bench for DCL most weeks. I'd be making sure we were getting at least 1 winger back in the deal though

There is. Selling quite possibly our two best players whilst the rest of the squad (with a couple of exceptions) is utter arse is probably not the right time.

That’s because we haven’t in the past reinvested money properly. We sold Stones Lukaku and Barkley and botched every single replacement. Compare that to Atletico or Dortmund who constantly sell their top players but have a conveyor belt of talent replacing it. Torres to Forlan to Falcao to Aguero to Costa to Griezman to Felix. Players sold at their peak and then reinvested in the right replacement. We sold Stones and wasted the money on Michael Keane and Ashley Williams. Barkley was sold and Siggurdson Klaasen Rooney replaced him. Lukaku wasn’t replaced and then we panicked on Tosun. Gueye was sold and Gbamin injured immediately. That’s why we panic about selling top players because we don’t replace them properly and we get worse. The answer isn’t to stop selling players at the right time though, the answer is to improve the recruitment process for their replacements.

That’s because we haven’t in the past reinvested money properly. We sold Stones Lukaku and Barkley and botched every single replacement. Compare that to Atletico or Dortmund who constantly sell their top players but have a conveyor belt of talent replacing it. Torres to Forlan to Falcao to Aguero to Costa to Griezman to Felix. Players sold at their peak and then reinvested in the right replacement. We sold Stones and wasted the money on Michael Keane and Ashley Williams. Barkley was sold and Siggurdson Klaasen Rooney replaced him. Lukaku wasn’t replaced and then we panicked on Tosun. Gueye was sold and Gbamin injured immediately. That’s why we panic about selling top players because we don’t replace them properly and we get worse. The answer isn’t to stop selling players at the right time though, the answer is to improve the recruitment process for their replacements.
Thats not going to happen with Brands/Moshiri - actually probably just Moshiri - pulling the strings.

Status
Not open for further replies.