Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Richarlison is good enough to play for Real Madrid.
You've a rather misty-eyed view of Madrid mate. These days they're a shadow of the team that terrorised Europe several years ago. Ageing squad and broke through spending ridiculous amounts on players that are soon ageing. Now relying more on their academy - with some very good young'uns coming through - but Richie would still be one of the higher potential players in their current squad.

would they be able to afford Richarlison though ? I know the Spanish league is very strict on this. Remember Barcelona couldnt spend like 5/10m on Deepay last summer/winter window becasue they had to sell for twice that amount first.
Maybe for all parties best he stays 1 more year and then Carlo is gone there anyway lol
like the Spanish league (or the Spanish banks) would ever be strict on Real Madrid...

we need to progress as a team, to do that we need to sell the deadwood and improve the first 11 at first then the squad. We’ll not progress if we sell our best players.
Be surprised if we get passed transfer window with Richy Dom, Jordan Digne and James all still wearing Everton shirts!

like the Spanish league (or the Spanish banks) would ever be strict on Real Madrid...

indeed - La Liga and the banks will bail both then and Barca out of the mess they've gotten themselves into.

It's absolutely insane that, if the rules are upheld, Barca cannot register aguero and Messi due to the salaries they are paying.

Therefore, the rules will be changed to suit - as corrupt and uefa, FIFA and the premier League.

Oh, and Brands needs to get off his sunbed and do his job!

Well since he took over our net spend is about £55mil and our transfer record is £44mil for Sigurdsson with Iwobi £28mil another big money useless signing...Keane at £25mil as well...plus the likes of Gomes £22mil.

Hardly any spending and poor players signed with the money.

As you say, were spending like a mid table team.
I'm surprised you're falling for the old 'net spend' call here. A bit simplistic to say simply that £55m per year is mid-table ambition. We have for several seasons been tied into far too many average players on weighty contracts signed by our past idiot management. The wage bill we have had to cover on players we will not use has been immense, and for that reason they have also been unsellable, so we have to wait patiently for their ridiculously long contracts to expire. Do you really not see why this has prevented a greater 'net spend'?

I'm talking way before Siggy, Gomez, Iwobi et al...

i know they will find a trick, but it it no surprise both Barca and Real have only signed free agents as far as i know.
So even though Carlo wants him Real's board may say no. Give us Hazard in return lol

indeed - La Liga and the banks will bail both then and Barca out of the mess they've gotten themselves into.

It's absolutely insane that, if the rules are upheld, Barca cannot register aguero and Messi due to the salaries they are paying.

Therefore, the rules will be changed to suit - as corrupt and uefa, FIFA and the premier League.

Oh, and Brands needs to get off his sunbed and do his job!
One way or other, the super league legacy lives on, greed will instruct it to carry on.

But if they don’t back him in year one there will be no year two. I’m sure

All Benitez ever did at Newcastle was moan about not getting backed by Ashley, so why wouid he risk the wrath of Everton & Liverpool fans and still living in the area. For 3mil or 5mil for one seasons work.,

I’m not saying we will spend 250mi but I would imagine we will spend more than last summer which was 60. All the rumours of usmanov, his nephew standing next to him in the pictures. Rumours of changes at boardroom level. He never comes here on a sell to buy promise
Well a few things:
1) I'm not saying that they aren't prepared to back him (like some are). I'm saying that we have been so mismanaged that the only way to generate funds without selling the few good players the squad contains, is to do it anyway and risk whatever penalties are handed down. Some clubs would take the risk; I just don't believe we will. I don't doubt Moshiri's (and Usmanov's, if true) wish to put money in. We just find ourselves in this situation due to previous mismanagement.

2) They have made their bed with the unpopular Benitez appointment - so there will be a year 2 and probably a year 3. Unless we are at genuine risk of relegation, they won't sack him after making such a decision. Benitez goes in one of three scenarios: (a) we are about to go down (b) he leaves for a better job (c) he completes his 3 year contract. If we happen to languish in mid-table for a few years, it won't move them to sack him.

3) Benitez has coverted this job for a while, so probably would take it in any circumstances. I genuinely believe the board will have told him he will be backed in future seasons if we can get our finances back in line. But he has been hired to 'get the most' out of our current squad, with just a handful of additions.

Status
Not open for further replies.