Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if his attitude isn’t right you don’t select him & you make him aware he won’t be loaned so he can spend the next 2 years playing for the u23’s . Effectively ending his career almost like Bentley did at spurs , the lad is a young potential star I cannot believe he’s ready to burn his career and future because one of the richest clubs in the world wants to loan not sign him .

could quite easily have stayed in Italy and sat on his arse so I’m inclined to agree with you

Last season we signed Godfrey and Doucoure mate. Doesn’t fit the agenda though, does it? Best not mention it then…
That's disingenuous at best there. Godfrey and Doucoure both were players who played the entire year before in the Premier League. They weren't unknown quantities. You know he means players who haven't played in the top division before.

We’d be in a good place if we could actually sell players for real money.

In the past few years, we’ve what sold Gana for £27m (one of our best players), and Lookman for £18m (bought for £10m+).

It’s this that is putting us in a tight spot with FFP.

those two examples are actually very good from a FFP stand point tho . Signed for 7 and 10m each .. had a couple of years here as their book value decreased and then sold for profit . It’s the klassens of this world that are ruining us in FFP

Richy is a big player for us, never mind his value to other teams.
We should be encouraging him to stay by buying similar level players to support him.
(After we’ve bought a RB though)

I mean Doucoure who had spent his entire career in the prem and is in his late 20s hardly fits the profile of the others does it? Godfrey was England U21 captain and again had played in the prem, hardly unheralded
Your post bemoaned not signing anyone from the lower league. No other criteria for your “profile” was stipulated.

I suspect, though, that we’d start to prioritise signing potential once we’ve addressed the urgent, immediate gaps in our squad. All of the players you mentioned didn’t get into the team straight away; we very much need a minimum of 3 first-teamers before we start spending what money we have on players that won’t feature in most of our PL XIs.

We’ll almost certainly miss out on some good prospects as a result, but that’s just another consequence of the abysmal squad building we’ve done over the last few years.

How much of this was him playing along to the Newcastle fans anti-Ashley narrative, though. He doesn't have that sort of fan base to contend with here.
But Newcastle fans have wanted Ashley out for years. I’m sure they could work out if he and the board was backing Rafael or not. Bit like we all knew kenwright and the board never backed Moyes.

would they be able to afford Richarlison though ? I know the Spanish league is very strict on this. Remember Barcelona couldnt spend like 5/10m on Deepay last summer/winter window becasue they had to sell for twice that amount first.
Maybe for all parties best he stays 1 more year and then Carlo is gone there anyway lol

I always thought that he would outgrow us unless we evolve with him.
Looking at our contemporaries most are signing players to improve, should be no problem for EVERTON with DoF in position, despite protracted management/ head coach appointment, and out of sync Euros to club contracts

So no sign of us evolving beyond being competitive first 11.

Does not seem to be any indication of much beyond middling until stadium is built.

Status
Not open for further replies.