Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must say listening to that Balague interview with Baz im excited to see what he can do with this squad.

What I liked the most was:

1. Benitez isn't the type to put an arm around your shoulder - he's not the most emotional type and if you dont do what he asks you likely wont keep getting played if the club has other options available.

How long I have waited for that type of management. This squad aint getting an easy ride anymore.

Dunno what is worse, agreeing with Balague or watching them plebs under the club thumb. Has someone not took their annoying batteries out yet

Interesting that he also said that the owners hired him as following ancelotti they realised to be successful they need a culture change throughout the club which Benitez wants to bring whereas Carlo was solely focused on the playing squad only.

He went on to say dont be suprised to hear negative reports come out from anyone disgruntled at the club in the coming months who doesn't want change.

Made me think Kenwright/Brands when he said that.
Encouraging for sure. I'm just not sure he's the guy to instill a new culture for the club. Martinez attempted the same and managed to do so in his first season, but he also had the personality and attitude for it. Granted the biggest culture shift needed now is getting rid of the deadwood and getting players off their butts, so maybe he can at least manage that much.

Not just him is it
lennon.jpg

Encouraging for sure. I'm just not sure he's the guy to instill a new culture for the club. Martinez attempted the same and managed to do so in his first season, but he also had the personality and attitude for it. Granted the biggest culture shift needed now is getting rid of the deadwood and getting players off their butts, so maybe he can at least manage that much.
Martinez did jack mate.
He was an absolute con man , who got lucky , post Moyes.
Rafael may have the guts to actually challenge players.
Bit like a recycled Moyes.
Sad really that so many besmirched Moyes.
However , we need to get behind Rafael now.

All Prem managers are under unbelievable pressure.

Magnify this a hundred times for Benetiz.

Unless he gets off to an amazing start, it will all turn toxic quickly.

Our managerial turnover has been counterproductive, with hundreds of millions squandered on Jarg players.

The EFC hierarchy have undertaken a massive gamble here.

I hope it works.
Spot on but got to say he is a arrogant man ,we know by even applying for the job but hopefully that arrogance can kick the arses of some of the divas lazy arses in this squad/club that's never happened for the last say six years or more, that's what I'm clinging on to

Martinez did jack mate.
He was an absolute con man , who got lucky , post Moyes.
Rafael may have the guts to actually challenge players.
Bit like a recycled Moyes.
Sad really that so many besmirched Moyes.
However , we need to get behind Rafael now.
Nah, there was a defeatist attitude throughout the club pre-Martinez. He got people believing again.

The only thing i dislike about this appointment is EVERY discussion whether it be about transfers, tactics, formations etc always leads to somebody saying “at Newcastle” to use as a stick to beat him with

he has managed more clubs than just Newcastle and they should not be used as the only measure of his ability

As the legendary Spanish journalist Guillem Balagué said today:

“In Spain when we say ‘small club’ we mean a club that comes to defend, a club that does not come to win. Mr Benitez knows what a big club Everton is in terms of history. The Everton fans are sensible and will get behind him.”
To be fair to our new manager’s detractors they mostly oppose him because they wanted someone else, whether it be Graham Potter or Eddie Howe etc.

the small club remark is ancient history. And as you say, it was lost in translation. Even if it wasn’t lost in translation, I’m not bothered by it. He was their manager at the time and so he was expected to deride us.

Status
Not open for further replies.