Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's this got ti do with my post?
1625244630787.jpeg

Napoli had finished 2nd in the league when he took over.

They beat Fiorentina in the cup final.

Apart from that spot on Jamie.

The Napoli thing is a bit overblown to me. He spent the most in Serie A over the 2 years he was there, and finished 3rd and 5th, having taken over a team in 2nd. He did win a couple, and what value you play on that obviously depends upon ones preference.

It was really Sarri who took them to the next level though.

The Napoli thing is a bit overblown to me. He spent the most in Serie A over the 2 years he was there, and finished 3rd and 5th, having taken over a team in 2nd. He did win a couple, and what value you play on that obviously depends upon ones preference.

It was really Sarri who took them to the next level though.
No it wasn't. What did Sarri actually win? What did he achieve there?

It was Rafael who essentially created that side that Sarri inherited and Cavani was sold for nearly 70 mil which is where Rafas transfer money came from.

2 trophies, 1 of which hadn't been won in over 20 years by Napoli. Semi finals of the Europa League. No one has achieved more than Rafael since he left. It's no wonder De Laurentis offered him a 3 year contract, but Rafael was homesick. They wanted Rafael to stay so much, they were even willing to buy his family a home in Rome, find English speaking schools for his kids and were even willing to offer him a rolling 1 year contract in the end.

Since then Napoli have approached Rafael twice to return. If Sarri is such a god, why didn't they bend over backwards for him?

Also Rafael had a better record at Chelsea than Sarri.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.