Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it wasn't. What did Sarri actually win? What did he achieve there?

It was Rafael who essentially created that side that Sarri inherited and Cavani was sold for nearly 70 mil which is where Rafas transfer money came from.

2 trophies, 1 of which hadn't been won in over 20 years by Napoli. Semi finals of the Europa League. No one has achieved more than Rafael since he left. It's no wonder De Laurentis offered him a 3 year contract, but Rafael was homesick. They wanted Rafael to stay so much, they were even willing to buy his family a home in Rome, find English speaking schools for his kids and were even willing to offer him a rolling 1 year contract in the end.

Since then Napoli have approached Rafael twice to return. If Sarri is such a god, why didn't they bend over backwards for him?

Also Rafael had a better record at Chelsea than Sarri.

I did acknowledge the cup Benitez won. What value you place on that is open to intepretation and makes it difficult to put into context though. Purely from league form, Benitez did ok, but not much more, and probably underwhelmed given he spent more than anyone else in Italy. He finished 3rd then 5th, having inherited a team who finished 2nd,

What did Sarri do? Well he got Napoli to 86 points. Benitez got 78 and 63. It was an incredible achievement from Sarri if you sunscribe to the view that league form and points are the best measure. It was very very good from him.

In terms of Chelsea, I mean how do you measure the two? They both won the Europa League, but Benitez took over a side who were European champions, and they went backwards in league performance under him during that season. Sarri probably underwhelmed too.

As for why Chelsea do or don't want him back, I have no idea, only De Laurentis can answer that. I don't tend to judge managers by hype, speculation or opinion though, but by numbers and fundamentals. How many points do each add to the bottom line. How much money did they spend to achieve it. That's my bread and butter. I don't really care who wants to pay for who's healthcare or whatever. It makes me a bit of a contrarian.

Must say listening to that Balague interview with Baz im excited to see what he can do with this squad.

What I liked the most was:

1. Benitez isn't the type to put an arm around your shoulder - he's not the most emotional type and if you dont do what he asks you likely wont keep getting played if the club has other options available.

How long I have waited for that type of management. This squad aint getting an easy ride anymore.

Must say listening to that Balague interview with Baz im excited to see what he can do with this squad.

Benitez isn't the type to put an arm around your shoulder - he's not the most emotional type and if you dont do what he asks you likely wont keep getting played if the club has other options available.

How long I have waited for that type of management. This squad aint getting an easy ride anymore.
You didn’t even offer a 2.

I did acknowledge the cup Benitez won. What value you place on that is open to intepretation and makes it difficult to put into context though. Purely from league form, Benitez did ok, but not much more, and probably underwhelmed given he spent more than anyone else in Italy. He finished 3rd then 5th, having inherited a team who finished 2nd,

What did Sarri do? Well he got Napoli to 86 points. Benitez got 78 and 63. It was an incredible achievement from Sarri if you sunscribe to the view that league form and points are the best measure. It was very very good from him.

In terms of Chelsea, I mean how do you measure the two? They both won the Europa League, but Benitez took over a side who were European champions, and they went backwards in league performance under him during that season. Sarri probably underwhelmed too.

As for why Chelsea do or don't want him back, I have no idea, only De Laurentis can answer that. I don't tend to judge managers by hype, speculation or opinion though, but by numbers and fundamentals. How many points do each add to the bottom line. How much money did they spend to achieve it. That's my bread and butter. I don't really care who wants to pay for who's healthcare or whatever. It makes me a bit of a contrarian.
That’s not fair. Raffa did well at Chelsea. He improved them after their Champions League campaign went well off the rails.

The man is a plum of the highest order, but I will give him that one.

You didn’t even offer a 2.

Interesting that he also said that the owners hired him as following ancelotti they realised to be successful they need a culture change throughout the club which Benitez wants to bring whereas Carlo was solely focused on the playing squad only.

He went on to say dont be suprised to hear negative reports come out from anyone disgruntled at the club in the coming months who doesn't want change.

Made me think Kenwright/Brands when he said that.

1. Benitez isn't the type to put an arm around your shoulder - he's not the most emotional type and if you dont do what he asks you likely wont keep getting played if the club has other options available.

Got to say this squad needs it's arse kicking I hope you're right.

Interesting that he also said that the owners hired him as following ancelotti they realised to be successful they need a culture change throughout the club which Benitez wants to bring whereas Carlo was solely focused on the playing squad only.

He went on to say dont be suprised to hear negative reports come out from anyone disgruntled at the club in the coming months who doesn't want change.

Made me think Kenwright/Brands when he said that.
Are you not getting that Balague is employed by the FSW?

Promote the brand and get him a chair on Sky Sports/BT and perpetuate the cabal.

Benitez is good tactically, his Achilles heel is he cannot build team spirit. Ferguson had both, which is why he swatted him aside after the facts rant.

To be honest, I think we will be lucky to finish above West Ham this year, as last season they had the warrior spirit we used to have in spades.

That said, if the players can motivate themselves, he could do well. But I think our players are mentally weak.

Think that you may be confusing hoofball , with moving the ball quicker. Hopefully that should mean the end for the usual suspects who move like an iceberg.
We all know who they are and let's hope that the door doesn't smack them on the derriere on the way out.

Benitez is good tactically, his Achilles heel is he cannot build team spirit. Ferguson had both, which is why he swatted him aside after the facts rant.

To be honest, I think we will be lucky to finish above West Ham this year, as last season they had the warrior spirit we used to have in spades.

That said, if the players can motivate themselves, he could do well. But I think our players are mentally weak.
Weak or can't be arsed on big contracts

Think that you may be confusing hoofball , with moving the ball quicker. Hopefully that should mean the end for the usual suspects who move like an iceberg.
We all know who they are and let's hope that the door doesn't smack them on the derriere on the way out.
Hope you're right we break out like dad's army when there's a chance of a counter attack

Status
Not open for further replies.