Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that he also said that the owners hired him as following ancelotti they realised to be successful they need a culture change throughout the club which Benitez wants to bring whereas Carlo was solely focused on the playing squad only.

He went on to say dont be suprised to hear negative reports come out from anyone disgruntled at the club in the coming months who doesn't want change.

Made me think Kenwright/Brands when he said that.

But Liverpool ripped up the culture he had built, going for a much more modern structure. And they started that process 12 years ago.

But Liverpool ripped up the culture he had built, going for a much more modern structure. And they started that process 12 years ago.

Mate Woy Hodgson and Kenny Dogleash followed on from Benitez - the culture change never really happened until around Klopp came in.

Mate Woy Hodgson and Kenny Dogleash followed on from Benitez - the culture change never really happened until around Klopp came in.
Started in 2010 when Comolli came in, who then hired Michael Edwards in 2011 and Ian Graham in 2012 who helped set the culture then hired Rodgers then Klopp to fit it.

Everton are miles off and not moving in the right direction.

He's starting off on some serious negative credit. It's over to him to prove us sceptics wrong, and win us over. Obviously i want him to succeed, because it's in Evertons best interests that Mister Benitez is a success here.

So Rafael has not followed what is going on? There is NO specific style guaranteed to win games. It is ensuring your squad can play a gameplan very well. Likewise in progressing a club from top to bottom it is continual evolution, everything changes, look at your own workplace.
I dont know if he is the best available to do it, I never did the interviews. My liking for risk said Gerrard or Lampard, but its not my money is it.

Mate of mine convinced that Benitez' old asst manager Pako was the hidden talent behind his reputation. Mate's a rs, of course, but does he have a point I wonder, things fell apart more or less after the two fell out while RB was still at the pit..

So Rafael has not followed what is going on? There is NO specific style guaranteed to win games. It is ensuring your squad can play a gameplan very well. Likewise in progressing a club from top to bottom it is continual evolution, everything changes, look at your own workplace.
I dont know if he is the best available to do it, I never did the interviews. My liking for risk said Gerrard or Lampard, but its not my money is it.
I suspect he has followed, he is a driven and clever person.

The question is fundamentally do you want him doing that?

There are many people with skillsets in "progressing a club", that is Marcel Brands job.

All successful clubs have a lot more staff than Everton on the footballing side. It may be they aren't run efficiently and all these development coaches and analysts add zero value but I suspect not.

Do you know its strange but I'm coming round to this position as well.
I'm still not sure that I can go to Goodison whilst he's in charge.
However if I did I don't think I could actively support him but in the other hand booing him will be completely counter productive.
If he does well the team does well.
Guess you could say I'm genuinely conflicted about whether to go next season.

Another drops to the feet of the Rafatollah lol

Status
Not open for further replies.